How to make a hookah?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by powerman659, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Ok so i seen a vid one time of this guy making a hookah out of a huge ass animal cracker jar. But it didnt really explain anything at all. And i got a huge ass plastic jar thing. lol and i wanna know how to make one. If any one could help me out that would be great! thanks :)

2. Just buy one its easier and cheaper.

3. Exactly. They cost about $50, and you can find the small ones for even cheaper.

Granted, it won't be the best smoking hookah, but it'll certainly be better than any homemade shit fashioned out of a pickle jar

4. I'd say save up a little more and order a small Mya online. Some of the small ones go for like 80 dollars, and it doesn't get much better than Mya.

I don't always trust the "no name" headshop hookahs. Some of them might be good, but I say go for the best.

5. ok i guess ill save up =) thanks

6. If you're really desperate just go to your headshop and buy a cheap ass one thats $20. They're hella small but its only if you're desperate.

7. Hookahs are pretty simple smoking devices. It's easy to make one for yourself, but it'll probably smoke like shit.

Main thing is sealing off the main chamber, so a vacuum is created when you draw on the hose, pulling the heat through the tobacco, the smoke through the downstem and water, and then through the hose into your lungs.

Attached Files:

8. I agree man. I've got 2 Mya's, and they both smoke beautifully. But my first hookah (10 years ago!) was just one of those no-name headshop ones and I think it smokes better than my Khalil Mamoon.

I'd say if the headshop can let you test how air tight it is (putting your hand over the bowl and trying to draw air through the hose) and it's air tight, you can't beat a $50 hookah

9. ok sweet whats the best shit to smoke out of it?

10. Sisha, theres a bunch of flavors.
    Dont smoke weed out of it, its a huge waste.

11. Why is it a waste? thats one of the only things i'v never tried to smoke out of. lol

12. You'll burn up the weed too fast.

Also, it's so hard to get the smell and taste of the weed out of the hookah afterwards.
    Weed is for bongs, pipes and paper. Not for hookahs.

Hookahs are for shisha.