How to make a homemade grinder

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Hurley1x, Mar 4, 2010.

1. #1 Hurley1x, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    Solution:
    so i made it, it took like 10 minutes, and after :smoking:
    heres a picture guide:
    Materials:
    1 off of an old ceran wrap box, carefully take off the blade
    2 large pill bottles with the same diameter
    1 hot glue gun
    1 scissors
    1 exacto knife (box cutter)

so begin by taking the little plastic thing out of the lid of one of the pill bottles
    then measure 2 strips of the blade so that a triangle is made, like this:
    [​IMG]

as you can see, the blades have little corners cut off so that they stay inside the ridge. then glue the blades in place so that as much of the blade hanging over the edge of the plastic as possible without exposing any of the holes

also notice how the little plastic lid seals nicely with the top of the bottle, this is how it sits when you pull apart the bud, the bud falls into the bottle, which can double as a airtight container, by using the untouched lid.

here is the small bud before i used this to grind it
    [​IMG]

This is after i ground that little bit up:
    [​IMG]

its just a little topper you can put on top of your bottle, and just stow it when you dont need it. just put in some careful planned cutting and gluing and it could be awesome.

2. Never even thought about a homemade one, good concept.

3. Just use a shot glass and a pair of scissors, works perfectly. Put the bud inside the shot glass and cut it up with the scissors. It all stays inside of the shot glass nicely.

4. Yeah I was going to say that .. Scissors are mad easy to break up your weed with.

5. I used a cheese grater one time. Worked surprisingly well.

6. #6 Hurley1x, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    i have done that, and your missing the point. im aiming at making an actual grinder, that is better than that, i like making my own things, and you can see from my previous creations.

i thought that people might welcome a simple durable cheap and easy to make grinder, that is actually a grinder and not a pair scissors.

7. i dont understand how you grind with, explain the process

8. yeah youre missing a step. why do we need 2 pillbottles when all we do is glue a blade to the top of one of them?

9. yea i dont get it either. based on what ya have there the whole bud would just fall through in between the blades, or get stuck depending on how big its is.

10. maybe a quick video of it in action?

I also don't see how this works :confused:

11. holding the top of the bud, you use the blades to pull it apart, and the little pieces fall into the bottle, its a triangle so that there is differentiating size between blades so that any size bud will work

12. you only need the little round plastic thing from it's lid.

13. Ahhh, I understand now. Good concept although it seems like buying an actual like 8 dollar grinder or using scissors would work better/cheaper.

14. its smaller, and cheap, recycling, and not driving to a store. 10 minutes to make, and its awesome. but yes, when i have a chance i will get a grinder. this is just a simple idea for anyone who needs this

15. I think this is great!! Can you make a tutorial? I love making things, have been looking for a new project, and have no grinder!! :)

16. theres instructions on how to make it on my first post.

ill be back later and post pictures of my first legitimate bong, finally got one, after about a year of homemades and spoons