Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make a hole in a glass bottle without a grill?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Twist3d, Nov 6, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

^
    |
    |

I wanna make a waterfall bong with that...

:smoke:

Thanks!

2. I'm guessing you meant drill. This probably won't work, but it popped into my head: fill with a very small amount of water, so that when you tilt it 45 degrees, that water is approx the size of the hole you want. Freeze the water, then give it a firm smack with a hammer on that spot, while holding the bottle steady with a gloved hand.

I would think if you hit it with the right amount of force, the frozen water section you could break that area without the rest.

3. I'm pretty sure freezing glass will only cause it to get weaker, since it would technically contract. Are you thinking the frozen water behind it will be like a barrier to this contraction, so when he hits it with the hammer the ice will sorta absorb the shock instead of spreading it through the glass?

4. If you're wanting to make a waterfall, then I would strongly recommend using a plastic bottle of some kind. Glass isn't good for making small, particular holes in.

5. Yeah I meant DRILL :D sorry lol

6. I used a plastic bottle and the taste was awful.

7. correct me if i'm wrong, but since a glass bottle is a solid, isn't it technically already frozen? it just has a higher melting point than water so it's a solid at room temp rather than a liquid. as for the op, even with a drill i imagine it would be very difficult to cut a hole in the bottle without cracking it.

8. What are you using for a bowl? If it's aluminum foil, it's always going to taste like shit. The bottle shouldn't really make a difference unless you're using an old Mr. Clean jug or some shit.

9. No. Glass is technically what's called an amorphous solid. It resists state changes or extreme element changes by either contracting or expanding, which causes it to become brittle.

10. underwater

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hixNlOQD_U]YouTube - Drilling a Hole in Glass[/ame]

11. ^^^ he said without a drill

12. #13 Misc, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
    you could cut the bottom off w/ this method, can't get holes without a drill man

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A4J7RcdsfM"]YouTube - How To Cut A Glass Bottle Using A String[/ame]

13. [​IMG]

You could try

14. Most people use Sobe bottles when they want to make a waterfall without a drill.

See around 0:50 - that little indentation on the bottom can be broken out without shattering the bottle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvDVglig9aE]YouTube - How to make a sobe waterfall bong[/ame]