How-To : LST (Low Stress Training)

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DierWolf, Nov 9, 2006.

1. yes any strain.

will LST still be effective outdoors?

2. depends on how much light you get, but in general I think its mostly best for indor grows where light is static.

3. so id be better of not useing LST?

4. oh no, i dont think you'd be better off not doing it, you just wont see as dramatic of a response,, if your into the extra care and attention it takes. i say LST them, but its not a "set it and forget it" type of deal,, you have to re adjust, make sure your not strangling the plant etc...

its not a one time thing.

5. i understand, thanks. next gro season im gonna do this, on a few plants and carry out a few experiments of my own, if they work ill share them with you guys

6. Excelent post, this is my first read post in grass city, so, I guess I have a lot to read during this weeks, :smoking:.

I´m about to LST my 2 plants, I read this post 45 days ago and decided to grow again, this is my second time, and now they look like they are praying to be LSTed, :D.

I´ll post pictures of them in some time....

Mexico joining LST culture!!:hello:

7. dude, that is absolutely insane!!!! :eek: I would have never imagined in my entire life something like LST. thanks a million. I'm gonna do that on my next grow!!!:wave:

8. Silly Question,

What if you're not doing a soil grow? whats the best way to anchor down, e.g. using a DWC 5 gal bucket.

9. Drill holes in the side of the bucket, use push pins or paper clips, put the bucket in a milk crate and tie to that, any number of ways.

10. yea get creative, i'm sure you can think of something just smoke a j or too and think about it.

11. is there a limit to how far you can go with LST? like instead of just circling around the bucket, could you keep circling and fill up an entire room (provided you had enough lighting) or zig zag for an entire room?

12. i get the concept of lst but im just a little confused on the tie down part. two questions.

1. Can someone please post a nice clear picture of the tied down main stem?

2. what do you do with the end of the main stem?

13. i am wondering if you have to top or fim? could you just let the top grow? or would this make it grow tall?

14. This a sticky?...

15. Just get in there and do it... Thats the fastest and best way to learn... The picture he posted explains what needs to be done... After about the 3rd 4th set of leafs start the LST..

You will tie it down as it grows... Also bud sites will start to grow and tie them down away from the main branch just a lil as well....

16. How tall does this setup get?:wave:

17. I was posting here a while ago and Dierwolf taught me much. Here are some examples of LST
    These plants are Casey Jones, by H3ad Seeds ((Trainwreck x Thai) x East Coast Sour Diesel). I started them in veg with hooks I made from wire coat hangers. I bent the main stem over on each plant and held it with the hook, then as the plants grew and bushed out, I bent the bigger branches over with more hooks.
    Now that they are in flower, I am using 2 one ounce fishing weights and yarn to hold the taller budding branches over. See how the buds are growing toward the light. Each of these plants has, multiple, multiple tops.
    In the 4th pic, you can see how the main stem (blue) is horizontal, the buds and branches (green) are growing towards the light, the string with the weights is highlighted in yellow.

peace and good growing

Attached Files:

18. lol my last two grows ive been saying ill do this but im just too paranoid, somehow today i actually understood it lol, thanks for the tut man.

19. Oh man, this is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I'm growing outdoors, but that shouldn't make a difference should it? My plants are already around 2-3 feet tall, so I am hoping it isn't too late to try this method. I am in a really confined growspace, and all of my plants are pretty close together, so in theory.. if I were to use this method and have them grow in strings away from each other, on a diagonal piece of wire or something... I'd have a fucking jungle?

Excuse the horrible drawings.
    Pic 1: How the lst method would work on the wire
    Pic 2: How the perimeter of the plot would look (only showing 5 plants for example display. there will be alot more in my actual plot. also excluding additional plants in the middle I will allow to grow upright regularly)

Anybody think this will work? Or is it too much of a longshot to risk harming my plants?

P.S. freakshow, that's a beautiful set up.

Attached Files: