How to Lower Temperature Levels in Grow Room?? Please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hydrikb, Jun 24, 2011.

1. I have a 6x11x10ft grow room. I am having some trouble getting my temp to stay at the low 80's. When I close the door to the room the temps get up to the mid 90's. I have a 6"hydrofarm inline 400cfm fan connected to a duct splitter pushing cool air in to the room and also in through the light. For exhaust I have 1 160cfm inline duct booster connected at the wall of the grow room to a splitter pulling the air out from the room and also pulling hot air from the light. Then I have another 160 cfm inline booster at the window of the house pulling the hot air from the light and room.
    I am running 1 1000watt light with a mondo xtrasun reflector.

Do you think I should remove the splitters and cool the light and the room seperately? (Instead of using the fans to pull and push air for both the light and the room)

I have a portable A/C unit but I would like to see if I can cool my room with just the cool air from the inside of the house

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. put the light on its own complete venting system .. do no let it touch the circulation inside Your tent.

so yes...

3. I am having the same problem with a 600 w. They told me either get a ac in there or use my lights at night to make up for it being so hot in the day. Hope all is well and keep us posted friend. Peace and happy growing .

4. All of the above, plus put the stronger fan on the exhaust not the intake.