Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to know when it's too black?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stonebolt, Apr 15, 2011.

1. How do you know when exactly to dump the bowl and refill it?

I usually just fill a bowl halfway to make the most of it, then refill it once I've dumped it. I figure if you fill it all the way up, by the time what's at the bottom is burning, the top will be useless.

Should I abandon this practice, and how do I know when the weed is done?

2. Once it's all turned to ash it should start to turn white. Sometimes little bits of weed will turn black but underneath there is still more green. I sometimes empty out my bowl when I can't tell if it's cash or not, and I press down on what I emptied out of my bowl to see if it's just ash or if it's just some burned bud.

Hope that helps :D

3. I push down the ashes with my finger and then hit it again, if theres no smoke, theres no green.

300th Post.

4. A friend of mine, before he knew better, always dumped out bowls whenever it wasn't green anymore. Once I found out he did that, when I personally saw him do it, I wagged my finger.

He's like "You can smoke the black shit?" and I go "Uh yeah, smoke it until it turns white."

Then he got mad at himself for all of the bud he's wasted by discarding.

5. if it's done, it's white. plus, you can taste the difference. if you want to pack the bowl halfway, that's your choice, but if you want to fill it entirely, just corner the bowl.

6. When it starts to taste like burnt hamburger it's beat lol

7. the smoke gets harsher when you reach the ash stage and you squash the ash down with your finger to see if theres any weed left

8. oh wow, thanks guys

9. When it's ash.

10. The ash should be grey if it was cured properly.

11. When it asks for some cornbread and purple drank

12. Whenever someone says a bowl is cashed, I tell them to give it to me. Theres ALWAYS another hit or two or four in there...

13. haha true dat. my buddy got me in the habit of buying the smaller bic lighters because you can fit the bottom of it in the bowl and compress or scrape the ashes around for better hits once you get towards the bottom of your pack.

14. I'll usually refresh the bowl after 3 or 4 hits. By then, it's nothing but ash.