Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to know if u inhaled right

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Thee Mushroom Man, Dec 31, 2013.

1. If u blow smoke out of your nose does that mean it got into your lungs?

2. Nope, best way is to inhale into lungs, I usually take a extra bit of air when I take a vapor bong hit too

3. See? It's like you never smoked before. Too young, I'm assuming...

4. Smoke will come out during your entire exhale... not just a little poof at the beginning. And for me I keep blowing smoke for like 3 breaths after... and what alpha said too.

But I guess the best way to tell is if you get high :smoke:

5. Take in a deep breath like you are breathing in air. you can feel the smoke in your lungs and if its a lot your going to start coughing. You don't need to inhale so much you are coughing. A decent amount of smoke inhaled deeply should get you feeling lit. If you take in as big of a breath of smoke you possibly can that means your lungs are full of smoke and can no longer physically inhale anything else that should be getting you real blazed :smoking:

You can definitely blow smoke out your nose if the smoke reaches your lungs.

7. I always breathe in after taking a hit

8. The best way to tell if you inhaled correctly is if you're high.

9. Draw smoke into your mouth, then take another breathe through your mouth to pull it into your lungs. Inhaling is pretty much the same thing as breathing, breathe in the smoke.

10. no need to get offended just because you're underage

11. I get high when I inhale properly

12. You know that breathing thing you do to survive? You do that... with smoke.

13. And there's no need to wrongfully accuse someone of being underage when they come here for advice.

14. People who can't figure out how to inhale weed are the same type of people who make stupid threads like this and are also coincidentally the same type of people who would die in a survival situation in about 24 hours

15. When I was just started to toke, what helped me inhale correctly was after each hit, take a quick rush of air in, and if you didn't inhale the first time you got it in your lungs now for sure. I still do this (to a minor degree though) to this day, just from habit.

16. #17 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    [quote name="morange" post="19260427" timestamp="1388530773"]When I was just started to toke, what helped me inhale correctly was after each hit, take a quick rush of air in, and if you didn't inhale the first time you got it in your lungs now for sure. I still do this (to a minor degree though) to this day, just from habit.[/quote]You don't breathe in after a hit? Why would you do this in the beginning them stop? And a nice deep breathe is more effective than a quick short breathe. Uses the power of the diaphragm muscle to pull all the smoke in deep into the lungs into the alveoli cells, versus only partially making it down the windpipe and into the upper region only of the lungs.

17. OP, get all the smoke in your mouth like your gonna do a mushroom cloud or french inhale smoke trick.. then breathe in really deeply and all that pure smoke in your mouth will suck down into your lungs, and as you keep inhaling oxygen will push the smoke further into your lungs. That's how I make the most of my smoking experience.

Blades here on GrassCity don't respect assumptions, and neither do I.

EXACTLY.

18. Well I do breathe in after a hit yeah, but what I meant by lesser extent was when I was beginning, I would take a huge rush of air after the hit, sometimes two. Whereas now that I've had years of experience I just of have it second nature, I do take a small bit of air in but it's nothing like when I was figuring out how to inhale. Basically if you want to make sure you're inhaling properly then just do a really pronounced breathe of air after you hit it and it will definitely be in your lungs.

Another reason I don't really do this that much anymore though, is it would kind of encourage me to hold in the smoke longer than I needed to. I usually held it in for like 3-5 seconds whereas now I just inhale and about a second later exhale.

19. [quote name="morange" post="19260483" timestamp="1388531711"]Well I do breathe in after a hit yeah, but what I meant by lesser extent was when I was beginning, I would take a huge rush of air after the hit, sometimes two. Whereas now that I've had years of experience I just of have it second nature, I do take a small bit of air in but it's nothing like when I was figuring out how to inhale. Basically if you want to make sure you're inhaling properly then just do a really pronounced breathe of air after you hit it and it will definitely be in your lungs.Another reason I don't really do this that much anymore though, is it would kind of encourage me to hold in the smoke longer than I needed to. I usually held it in for like 3-5 seconds whereas now I just inhale and about a second later exhale.[/quote]Sounds like you were doing it right in the beginning then you moved towards less effective means of inhalation.And holding it in for only one second? I know most cannabinoids are absorbed readily from the smoke, but most pubmed articles I've read indicated that it's more effective from the 5 to 10 second range.