Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to know if my bud is a indica

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thelegend8888, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Hey, i live in the uk and i have tried pot around 6-7 times and have not smoked in 5 months due to a trippy high which i was numb all over my body and had fast heartrate etc.

I came across a forum discussing "which is better? sativa or indica" and loads of people are starting to smoke indica weed now due to the fact that it is high in CBD and low in THC which gives you a dreamy,anti anxiety effects and people are being put off a high THC content and very low CBD content because of very trippy highs and not knowing if it was laced.

back to my question, Im quite interested in a indica strain or something that is high in CBD and since im new to the scene, i would like to know how to recoignize if a strain has more CBD or is a indica. and if i use a vaporizer will it kill off the THC and give me a dreamy stoney high? thanks happy smoking PEOPLE! :smoke::smoking::hippie::bongin::metal::bolt: BYE

2. Well um, if you're smoking indica you'll likely be more inclined to couchlock after 15-20 minutes. And there aren't as many crazy thoughts bouncing in your head.. more of a true stony feeling.

And vaporizing doesn't kill THC lol... besides why would you want that? Vitamin T and CBD's complement each other so well. You just gotta find the right balance... by either getting sativa or indica.

3. thats what im looking for a nice stoney,relaxed feeling and couchlock effect, but i wanna know, how do i know if a bud is a indica? thanks, happy smoking :D

4. Well im not an expert on indica and sativa identification but usually sativa is a tall like lengthy plant and for me i usually get like a clear headed high i like sativas and indica well you got me there lol.:smoke:

5. #5 Misc, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
    so you don't know something by how it makes you feel?

are you human?

6. hahahah lol, dont you get the fast heartrates and paranoia with the sativa ?

7. only if you are naturally (sober) paranoid person
    sative makes you feel like you have a balloon in your head ,makes you
    feel as if your gonna lift off the ground ,your depth perception will be
    ABSOLUTELY fucked up and youll think you have king kong arms, you
    will be giggling at mostly everything/or have a stupid smile on your face
    (goes for both indica or sativa).listening to music while on a sativa high will
    sound ultra trippy and you'll feel you get the hidden message behind the lyrics.sativa
    highs make you energetic and makes you contimplate or go on adventures.

indica makes your body feel reaaaallly heavy. sometimes you will get the
    munchies. your body will feel tingly all over as if your whole body went to sleep
    (like when your foot or leg goes to sleep), it will be incredibly hard to get up
    off the couch. that headache you had a moment ago from working all day? gone,
    the back pain you had from lifting shit all day? gone.music from a indica STONE
    will be soothing and feel as if its invading your soul, so to speak. indica stoned feeling
    makes everything more calm and soothing and is good to stay in on a rainy day with
    good company make some food put on a good album and relax.

so whatever bud makes you do ^ whichever is the kind it is, but take into mind
    that nowadays there are mostly hybrids so whatever feeling you get is most dominant
    is either sativa or indica dominant. hope that helps

8. no im a android sent from the future to smoke certain buds :p

9. philosophy thanks mate that is the best reply i had 2day :D

10. #10 runthistown18, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
    ok ima go into details from my experience

1.indica (its more a drugged,slow, "ummm what you said?" high)....smoke too much of it and you might as well cancel everything you have to do for that day cause your done until the next day VV

-makes your body feels good & relaxed, almost sleepy
    -calm, less anxious,no worries
    -want to move,talk,think, or walk fast or normal speed? or even look sober?....forget about it :cool:
    - your reactions are 2-3 seconds behind
    -your body feel extremely heavy and slow.......so much cup of water feels like its 5 pounds
    -can't concentrate, you end up staring/day dreaming at nothing during the day.. A.D.D x100
    -non alert
    -forgetful,you forget what you saying/ listing to in mid sentence
    -confused, you won't understand half the shit people are talking about
    -you'll have a hard time doing anything productive lol
    -after the high leaves, you'll just want to sleep asap, and your thought process will still be slow until the next day

there's been a few times when i smoked and watch a full movie, and after watching it i didn't know a damn thing on what the movie about (yes really lol)

2.sativa (its more of a clear alert high)

-more alert, active, and motivated
    -you'll enjoy doing things like working out or catching up on stuff you need to do
    -creative wild thoughts
    -have the urge to keep moving around
    -you feel your heart beating hard like you just finish running (hate it!)
    -vision seem to be brighter and clearer
    -anxious,paranoid
    -notice sounds,things you normally don't on a sober day
    -find things funny,laugh alot
    -you'll feel more awake and want to hear nothing but up beat music....specifically a bunch of gucci mane songs lol and songs like "dirty harry" and "dare" by gorillaz

11. Smoke it.

By the way, you said people don't know if their weed is laced when sativa. Weed is almost never laced, sometimes it's just too much quality and/or quantity for some people to handle.

12. Indica buds are usually darker in color, whereas sativa buds are usually lighter in color. Just thought I'd add that. Could help with visual ID so you have and idea of what your getting into before you start.

13. i always wondered ifyou could tell just by looking at the buds, good to know

14. I've also heard sativas tend to have more hairs, but nothings a fact.