Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to know if i got good weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bdk2jw, Apr 4, 2013.

1. so i got a gram today ... not much but it was 20 dollars... cus that's just the only price you can really get it for out here. so i was wondering if i can tell if it's good? It's some pineapple express and it looks and smells really good... but i don't wanna smoke it yet so i can't. and ik the dealer and if he sold me mids i'll be mad at him and demand a refund. i can't really take a pic cus my phone quality is HORRIBLE, (i can if you really want, but it will be pointless) so just answer!

2. If it looks and smells very good, then chances are that it's good weed.

I've got some PE as well, like it very much!! :smoke:

3. how is it??

4. crack it open. and see how it looks inside. does it have trichomes, is it sticky? does it smell stronger? crack open your bud, its one of the best ways to know.

5. I just harvested so I've only had quick-dried, but the taste and smell are amazing. It's got hints of pineapple, very sweet and fruity. Can't wait for the cure to be done, quick-dried is a little harsh :smoke:

6. If you can smell it through tha bag or whatever it's in, then it's pretty fuckin dank and you got your money's worth. Also if it is covered in white then it's dank. The only real way is to take that baby for a ride

7. All dank has a superior smell compared to mids.
    If you've smoked before you should be able to to tell the difference man.
    And don't trust that its PE.
    Street bud can't honestly be credited with a strain name unless you're buying straight from a grower.

8. Does it get you high?

9. You should be able to tell if it's good enough to be put in the class of 20 a gram buds. There's a HUGE variety to the quality of cannabis out there, but unless you are a very new smoker, it's normally quite easy to make a general assumption about the bud that you see.

Leaves, stems any abundance of those and it's not that great. There should be no seeds. Typically commercial high grade is very dense compact flowers from being vacuum sealed during transportation. Often but not always have a tad spongyness to the buds, as if they were only dried 90% of the way. The smell should be a huge indication as well. If it has a pungent, overpowering aroma then it's most likely quite good, since the great smells develop at the end of the flowering cycle, which is when the buds are the ripest.

If it's flat and dark green with stems, leaves and seeds, then it's not good.

10. i mean most of the time when i buy a named strain it's actually the strain they say it is... usually what there is in here is no name bud but sometimes we get some good shit. also this PE i got looks like what you google search. smells like fruit / pines too

anyways i smoked it. It was actually pretty potent i got ripped off like 5-7 hits ( i don't remember haha) idk if it was dank or not but idc it was worth it imo

11. Nice, and you can't go off of Internet pics.

Smell and taste usually are what you're looking for in identification.
    Also effects but that's not as reliable.
    Glad you were happy with your purchase.