How to know if a company does random drug tests?

Discussion in 'General' started by IYIaster, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Just started a new job, I haven't smoked in eight months. I find that I'm a much happier person knowing when I get off work I can relax with a bowl of my favorite cereal lol. My new job did a preemployment drug test, but it doesn't say anywhere in their employee book that they do random drug screens. It talks about if you get hurt on the job or are arrested or your work is lacking crap like that, but nothing about random drug tests. So, how do I know for sure they don't?

2. Read the contract. It'll say there if you're subject to randies.

3. I didn't sign any kind of contract. I just signed off that I would abide by the rules of the employee handbook.

4. Read the employee handbook.

5. That's the contract, then. lol If it says nothing about random drug testing, then they don't have them. Regardless, it's always a good idea as a stoner who works to keep fake pee on hand just in case.

6. Ask someone friendly who has been working there for awhile.

7. employers can drug test you anytime they want too...and the employer holds exclusive right to alter the employee handbook/rules as often and as insanely as the employer so pleases....welcome to dUhmerika...COMRADE!

8. This is a very good point, even if they don't have regular random drug testing, which would be described in the handbook, they can still have randoms if they feel like it, hence fake pee being a smart thing to always have on hand.

9. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']

This is a very good point, even if they don't have regular random drug testing, which would be described in the handbook, they can still have randoms if they feel like it, hence fake pee being a smart thing to always have on hand.[/quote]

Pretty sure they still have to tell you before hand.

10. They do... lol

11. I was under the impression that the testing companies can tell it's fake pee now? How do you know it's around 98 degrees if you have to use it?

12. You're body is at 98.6 degrees, so you just have to stick it to your inner leg for a while (like the drive there), which is perfect for getting it into the bathroom anyway. I live in Oregon where most employers do it just to say that they do it and don't actually care/know half their employees smoke pot at least on the weekends and I've yet to hear anyone run into any problems using it and it's pretty much the default method since using someone else's pee is inconvenient and gross (and weird to ask for since you have to ask someone who isn't a stoner lol).

13. they would have a lot of false positives/fails with me...my normal body temp is 96F...well documented that it is my norm...and a 98.6 temperature means I AM running a fever (parents had to force school nurses to accept this as FACT, backed by military doctors letters, every year as a little kid in florida...)

my first DT when working for the kansas city star newspaper (I ran the presses, did the front page 4-color offset printing), had me being wrote up for fake piss...but when I pointed out the nurse WATCHED me fill the cup and offered to let her HOLD my unit if that would help prove it was my penis giving them the piss...they finally relented to the low body temp factoid fax from my Doctors office and dropped the matter...odd thing, I was toking the whole time...had toked a j at break before the wiz quiz...still passed.:D

only piss test I ever failed was the one I wanted to fail.:smoke:

14. Is it OK to leave the fake pee in your car in high temperatures? Do you recommend buying the foot warmers someone suggested on another forum? I think they only give you like 20 minutes to get to the testing facility. Is this enough time for the urine to reach the right temperature? Sorry, I like to be prepared...

15. I bought the pissinator. It came with the same foot warmers that you can get at the store. But you could mix the synthetic urine up and have it to temp from 16-25 min. It will take time to get the paper work done in the office before they put you in the room to pee. It works, I used it three weeks ago and I am in training now!!

16. I'm actually the same way temp-wise. lol I think there are a lot of people like that though cause my dad's the same way. I'm going to be pissed (lol) if I run into this problem with ua's.

You know, I was going to recommend you could leave it in your trunk or behind the seat in your truck, but I thought about when it gets hot in cars during the summer and wasn't sure, so I decided not to. Since pee is sterile and the fake pee should also be sterile, I don't think high temperatures would harm it, but I would check out all of the documentation and the box it came in to see if there's a recommendation or advisory. Hand/foot warmers would work faster than then just waiting with it attached to your leg, so I'd recommend them just in case you can't keep it against your leg long enough to warm it up all the way. You can check to see if the fake pee's the right temp by sticking your hand under your arm for a couple seconds and then feeling the fake pee with your other hand and comparing. (Also a quick way to tell if your kid has a fever. lol)

17. Well, I've been reading a lot about Quickfix and have heard success and failure stories. I also read if you freeze real urine that it can last for up to a year. Is this a good idea and if so what is the best way to get it backup to the right temperature before the test? Considering I'm clean right now I could start saving it up.