How to keep your plants safe from bugs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dannyp224433, Jan 30, 2012.

1. I'm a first time grower and this is my first crop. I have a computer case i turned into a grow box with lights fans etc. I started growing and its ten days into the cycle. Today i opened the case and inspected all my seedlings and saw on 3 some very very tiny holes with yellow around them. So my first thought are bugs got in somehow but i inspected all over and couldn't find any but right as i was about to close the case a gnat sized or smaller bug flew out and i smashed it haha. but my question is what type of bug is that and how can i do my best to prevent any bugs from infesting my garden?

2. I believe there's something on the market called "hot shot" or something pest strips, apparelty they work. Never had a problem with bugs, so i never tried em.. But there's my two cents

3. Pesticides are secondary to prevention.

I keep a buffer between pets and plants, don't wear outdoor clothes or shoes into grow area, wash hands before tending plants.

Most indoor grow pests hitchhike in on clothes, shoes, pets, baby mites float like dust onto your plants. I keep my grow area clean, it doesn't take much if done regularly. sweep, mop, wipe down, vacuum, change clothes, wash hands... it becomes a routine.

4. azomax...neem cake..your good ta go..hot shots only as last resort for spider mites..and onlyt for 12 hours 10 day apart..also doc doom fogger but have not used this:smoke:

5. malathion.

make sure you dilute correctly (DO NOT OVER DO IT) and a little bit will go a LONG way.