how to keep your babys from gettin eatin

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by youndbud, May 16, 2011.

1. any ideas on how to keep those critters from munchin on my new borns

2. Keep them away from other plants, as bugs will jump off of them onto your tender seedlings.

3. im gona deffinity do that

4. Broken egg shells, and used coffee ground(make a coffee, then take the used grounds from filter), they are both good for soil, and work pretty good. Just put egg shells around the plant, and lightly ontop of soil, put coffee grounds in soil and around plant.

5. What does either of them do? I have egg shells due to my chickens and i drink coffee on the regular. Just curious as to each one's purpose.

6. I always just used my dog's hair. It seemed to work fine for me.

7. thanks i probly try all of the above tho there only in plastic cups now i plan i transplanting this weekend

8. Go to the $ store and buy the mouse traps that come 3 in a pack for a buck. Then spread twigs and what not around your plant. Then set the mouse traps upside down on the twigs. When a dear or any animal comes near your plant the traps will snap snap and the deer will run off scared everytime. Put about 20 traps around every plant.

9. #9 Rello, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    The egg shells work to keep mostly Slugs away, and other insects.
    The coffee grounds work for most insects, and from what im told it is a slow realease fertilizer, not too strong, but its beneficial for your plants :D

So my remedies are for insects lol, only issues i have usualy...

10. what about peeing around my grow area

11. please don't pee around/on your plants. it's not good for them at all and most likely will kill them. notice how when you piss in the grass it kills it? same for weed.

12. around them not on them and there in pots so the pee wont touch them

13. Try bacon grease or deer pissaround them

14. you could pee around your grow area to repel deer and other mammals. I do it when hunting/camping for coyote and such. And dont pour bacon grease around your plants if there outside, that will attract all kinds of shit.

15. Dogs are your best friend. If you have one, let your dog grow with you. The dog will run all around scaring the critters. Also, your dog will shed hair and pee which will deter deer and other animals.

If you don't have a dog or your dog can't go to the grow site for whatever reason, then you should pee around the area and shake your head around and get your hairs in the area.

16. for crawling critters ,use GROUND TO POWDER hot pepper, chilli arbol, or cayenne chilli, but be sure it does NOT have salt added ! Mexican food store, put aprox 1 table spoon spread out ,at base & out to 10inchs away , compleatly around seedling ,, it works good for pill bugs, & cut worms, ear wigs,, all of which will eat your plants< ,it does not seem to hurt plant at all , & i used to spray a strained mix of it on other plants & they grew great! actually it seems to make grow better, 50cents -1.00$ :smoke:

17. lol ill just run around peeing and shaking by dreads every were

18. Yeah my girlfriend cuts hair for a living and hair scattered in a 4 square foot area does me just fine. And I'm usually bothered by alot of deer