Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to keep weed fresh until the weekend?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JakeMader, Feb 20, 2013.

1. I've put my weed into a glass jar thinking that it was air-tight, but when I put my nose close up to the jar when it was closed, I could mildly smell the weed which means that it's not really airtight. Is there any way I can make jar more air tight? :S And if I can't, will it stay fresh until Saturday? I picked up on Sunday.

2. If you're asking if it will still get you high, it will. Just don't expose it to high temperatures and see if you have a medicine bottle, those are the best IMO.

3. It's in a cold(ish), dark, and non-moist environment. I mainly just want it to stay fresh and not get moldy :S

4. I feel ya. Just keep an eye on it day to day and see how it's fairing... if it starts to seems like it's losing its potency then smoke that shit. LOL.

5. If it's in a jar it isn't just going to spontaneously mold. Anyways... You could literally leave it on your table until the weekend and it would be good to go.

6. Ive read alot of people say that leaving your weed somewhere for ages ruins the potency etc.

Me and a friend were dry one day, went for a search and found some of his mums leaf in a jar (she had some strong ass leaf we dont know how). It had been in the cupboard hidden for over a year. At this point our tolerance was pretty high, i would thumb screw my own cones like crazy (bud).

Had a couple cones of the leaf and we were off our asses. It was like smoking for the first time again, we laughed for hours about nothing.

Was a screw lid jar if i remember.

7. if you're that concerned you could put it in a ziploc baggie or a pill bottle and then put that inside the jar...
    but it'll be fine till the weekend

8. In a glass jar it will stay fresh for quite a while, 3-4 months depending on where u keep it

9. Will it still stay fresh even if there's some smell leaking out of the jar?

10. Honestly, it won't make a difference over such a short period of time.

11. spend $2, get a mason jar at walmart

12. malvolio is right...
    its such a short period of time it wont matter
    the weed will still be in tip top shape dont worry about it :wave:

13. I still have weed in one of my jars that i tucked away for a special occasion, its about 5 months old and still smells fresh

14. Keep it away from flame and it will be fresh for the weekend

15. You don't need to worry about your weed not staying fresh for a few days.
    It'll be fine, I promise :p

Air-tight glass jars really are the best way to store weed. If you have any mason jars, you could try using those instead of your other jar. Although, I'm not sure how much better a mason jar would be without a plastic lid.

If glass just ain't workin for ya, just throw it in a plastic bottle, or a bag. It's only going to be for a few days, so who cares.

Also, always store your shit in dark, non-dry, places.

16. I have a redneck mason jar I love that thing works great for me

17. And mason jars come with metal lids two of them one to lock freshness in ant the other to lock it down tighter

18. Its possible the smell could be on the outside of the glass and not leaking

19. Also tru

20. i leave my weed sitting on the table for weeks freshness dose not go away if cured right