How to keep the bowl of the M420 cool?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by weedandtubes, Jul 30, 2012.

1. I've been having an issue with the M420 when I have a few people smoking. Once it goes through about 2 bowls in a row, it gets pretty damn hot. I've tried using hempwick for the lower temp, but it just slowed it down, still got hot though. I can't think of anything else. Any suggestions? Possibly from an Incred-i-bowl owner would be helpful.

2. Get some glass?

3. You're obviously one of the M420 haters. They're amazing, except for this little thing. Me and my buddies like to go like 6 bowls in a row, non-stop. That's the only reason it's a problem. I even have two spare bowls that I keep packed during the rotation of the first. Then when the first is gone, pop in the second, re-pack the first. Works really good this way.

4. [quote name='"l James l"']Get some glass?[/quote]

i second this

5. You're profile says you <3 steamrollers.... And the bowls are glass, hence why they have no metallic taste. I have no need to argue my choice of smoking accessories, however. I'm sure there's a reason why my group of 8+ friends always uses mine, but you know, it's not as good as some glass. Besides that the only good glass is bongs and I live with my 'rents.

6. [quote name='"weedandtubes"']
    You're profile says you <3 steamrollers.... And the bowls are glass, hence why they have no metallic taste. I have no need to argue my choice of smoking accessories, however. I'm sure there's a reason why my group of 8+ friends always uses mine, but you know, it's not as good as some glass. Besides that the only good glass is bongs and I live with my 'rents.[/quote]

bongs are for sure not the only good glass. steamrollers( the good ones) are all glass, bubblers; which are great as well are usually all glass. and after having a wooden, metal, and glass bowl my personal favorite is my glass bowl.

anyway my original comment was 45% percent joke, but yea i have no doubt that your friends enjoy your piece and more power to ya. but the only way I've found to keep metal cool is to not smoke bowl after bowl after bowl, glass however doesn't heat up nearly as fast, u can smoke 10 bowls in a row and your glass will still be cool.

7. Yeah, it doesn't heat up that bad, except some of my friends feel the need to torch the bowls with the lighter. That's what really causes the metal to heat so fast. I'm thinking I'm going to try the quick draw attachment. If that doesn't help, then I guess slowing down on how many rotos we have in a row. Or possibly put two or three pieces in the rotation, which is always great :p

8. Every metal pipe gets hot fast. The only solution is to go glass. He's not an m420 hater, he's a metal bowl hater. lol

9. I don't have a problem with my i420 but it's a little larger. You guys are probably just hitting it too quickly back to back since its bit smaller I can imagine a bit more difficult to control the flame. Unless you can't hold it the heat is fine as the glass will hold up whether it's hot or not unless you go to like 3,000 degrees lol

10. dude get the quick release and all your problems will be solved ;)

11. It's already ordered :D
    I could not see the point of the quick release when I bought it. After using it for about a month and I've put around 7 or 8 ounces through it, I now know why... haha. Seems to be the only downfall for it. Besides it clogging, but I've always cleaned my pieces every week.

12. pack it a lot try to get a nice cherry goin at first that should help

13. I have those friends, that just love to hold the pipe and start a story. I can manage a cherried bowl with one other person, with all of us together, hell no. They also just love to "match" bowls and you can look at the differences in how much they all pack, some say they pack a lot, then put a few pinches in. They're worthless :rolleyes: haha