How to keep plants wide, not tall

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mickie20001, Jun 13, 2019.

1. hey all - my first outdoor grow- super pumped my 100 gal soft pot will be here tomorrow.

I’m waiting until I can sex the plants to transplant but my understanding is once we put it into a large container growth will happen quickly.

For privacy and security I’d prefer the plants mot be 8 feet tall, pruning or trimming suggestions to keep it short and fat?

• Like Like x 1
  2. LST. Tie those branches down. I used to do only outside growing. Can grow monsters where I live and a cop will compliment the grow haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. There's many ways to keep it from growing tall.
    Super crop where you break branches slightly but not all the way. Topping. LST Low stress training. EST extreme stress training and then you can just simply pull it over and tie it to the ground and keep tying it to the ground until it's low enough to makes you comfortable. This will allow your plant to have many Bud sites open to the sun. That will give the plant a larger yield and there's also Scrog netting.

I do them all... This my outside cage grow here in mid Michigan.
    The pic show you extreme stress training low-stress training scrog netting pulling them over super cropping and scrog netting I do it all just depends on what the plant needs at the time that I'm doing it I don't always do the same thing every single time to every single plant it's a dictation of what it needs I also grow 95% organically... hope this helps you happy growing good luck[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's gorgeous. I think I'll definitely try a combo of LST/Scrogging - I'm imagining a pot hedge .... hah I'll keep you posted. BTW: What size grow pots do you have? I just ordered 1 100 and a half dozen 25's.