How to just forget about it.

Discussion in 'General' started by jackata2, Jun 3, 2010.

1. I've came to the realization that I'm thinking way too much about the whole "I-want-a-girlfriend" way too much and that might be making me look desperate. So now, I really want to move on and just forget about the whole thing. Problem is it's really hard to. No matter what I do. I keep thinking about it. And that get manifested CLEARLY when I'm high.

What do you think I should do just to move on? I'm not really dying but I just want to be like the old young me.. not worrying too much about stuff like that.. Any suggestions?

2. i know personally last year i put absolutely zero thought and effort into getting a girlfriend and was just looking to have fun in my semester of hs and first semester of college

and even not trying i had two girls that were obsessed with me without me even doing anything. so i ended up having two girlfriends, each for 4 or so months, and i was literally not even trying, nor did i really want a girlfriend at the time. they came to me when i least expected it. just be yourself.

in the words of stevie nicks

"women they will come and they will go, when the rain washes you clean you'll know"

just wait and let it happen, in the meantime do things you find fun. and if the though of a gf comes into your head kick it out, if you don't think about it it won't bother you.

edit: also, if you can't stop thinking about it, jack off, problem solved

3. you can't forget that so easily :p best way is to get a chick!

4. I went through highschool having no girlfriend or getting laid by choice. I think it was one of the best decisions of my life because now I appreciate it so much more and I'm not wired to think I need either. I still hooked up and got head because that's to awesome to not do.

But all in all learn to be happy alone first then it will naturally happen you will have a certain aroma. Last 3 weeks of highschool atm and tons of girls still want and the demon has been unleashed.

5. #5 jackata2, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words. Honestly, I feel a mix between "I-want-to-get-laid" and "I-want-a-girlfriend".. but jacking off does help somewhat :p LOL :laughing:

Yea but most of the girls I meet now already don't have a good first impressions about me and most are in the friends-zone. I don't honestly get any chances. Just like I said, the girls I'm surrounded with are girls I've seen for like 3-4 years straight with no kind of attraction at all. I was really uptight and shy and I could understand that. Now that I've been tokin up regularly, I have that great urge of I WANT A GIRL or I WANNA GET HEAD. Now I'm way more social and not shy (all thanks to the herb to be honest) and still can't get any.

Yes. But do you exactly know how to feel happy alone? That's what I'm trying to reach right now. Happy alone means enjoying life with your friends and not worrying AT ALL about a girl? OR happy alone means like you enjoy life without friends and without anything and having "inner peace"?
    That's what's kinda confusing. I'll start working out. I'll get a job during summer (first time getting a job -.-). Let's see how well will that work.

6. #6 kotletas, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010

7. Getting a job will help a shitload. By being happy alone I mean just being able to be content alone without worrying. Of course you might like a girl I went through that many times but just don't obsess etc. I always worried about it but never made it an issue. Just enjoy everything you do and the confidence will reflect and girls will come to you as long as you give them a chance to. I also am a lot better with girls then most of my friends because of how I observed through the years.

8. Oh man.. That really made a lot of sense to me.. Thank you.
    And now I know why everyone likes to be high and weed can be addictive.. because this is what it does : "being happy alone I mean just being able to be content alone without worrying" and it makes you "enjoy everything you do".
    I'll definitely get a job. I just feel that it will help me.

9. I don't hold interest in any of the girls in my hometown, and I'll be moving back for school in September, so I don't plan on anything this summer. I don't care enough to try anything with the girls I went to high school with, because they're not worth my time (I'm going to make a thread 'cause it's irking me). I have a job, with a decent number of hours, my guitar, and a lot of reading to catch up on - no time for "girls", which is what the lot of them are.

I go to the gym quite a bit, but that's solely to keep up good health. Being in shape makes you more attractive, but I'm not working out to be able to pick up women. If it helps, it helps. Beating off is pretty fun, still.

Just don't sweat it... I used to be pretty upset about this too, but I'm learning. As of now, there is only one woman for me... (which is another story in itself), but I can't have her...

Anyway, much luck with the abstaining from relationships, OP.