How to install inline fan to cabinet!?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Deleted member 452289, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Just bought a 4inch inline fan and filter but have no idea how to attach it?
    First pic is my current outtake I want to replace with the inline

Attached Files:

2. [quote name='"sonocroc"']Just bought a 4inch inline fan and filter but have no idea how to attach it?
    First pic is my current outtake I want to replace with the inline[/quote]

I'd mount it kinda free floating on the outside of your box and use some air ducting to go I to you tent and pull the air out, then you have the fan pulling out hot air and you can put the air filter on the other side of it for ze smells

3. Alright if my fans a 4 inch should I get 4 inch ducting??or like 5 inch so it fits???wtff I'm at home depot and need help quick!

4. [quote name='"sonocroc"']Alright if my fans a 4 inch should I get 4 inch ducting??or like 5 inch so it fits???wtff I'm at home depot and need help quick![/quote]

4inch, then tape it sealed all the way around

5. Thanks lol I figured it out. Now I just need a speed controller and something to hold my filter with and I'm good :)

6. Get tape ...duct tape sure...but get 4'' CLAMPS or you'll be making another trip...duct sizes go 4'', 6'', 8''....there is no 5''...i'm pretty sure

7. I know I got it now lol yeah I got a clamp for the duct to fan and I'm just gonna tape up the duct to filter side since the connector that came with the ducting fits inside of the filters hole as oppose to around like the fan does.