Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to inhale properly?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Maineventrn, May 6, 2010.

1. II have smoked about 4 times now I think I have got a buzz mostof those times but I can't get high. I inhale and hold it in, am I supposed to Inhale it like I'm breathing normally, all the times I did it they were high quality and got everyone else high but not me i did blunts and bowls. Please give me some advice

2. Hello there :wave:

What you should be doing is inhaling normally and pulling the smoke down. I personally like to take an extra breath after I am done pulling to bring the smoke fully into my lungs. Hold it for 2-3 seconds and breathe out. You should definitely be able to feel it in your lungs while you are holding it in there and doing it right, do you feel the smoke in your lungs?

3. the easiest way i can explain it is.. take the breath..close your mouth then take another breath like you are going to go swimn a lap.. a full huuuuuuuuuuuu and you'll feel your chest a bit bigger and feel like ur pushing smoke in your lungs. orrrr you can jus inhale through your nose..again like you are going to take a dive or a swim race.

hope it helped out :D

4. I find it funny when people ask for advice on how to do something you do everyday of your life without thinking about it. Breath in. Hold. Breath out. Thats it.:wave:

5. When I smoked I lit the bowl and took it in then held it for a couple seconds that's it. Is that wrong

6. Nope, it's not wrong, just make sure you're holding it in your lungs and not in your mouth.

7. You seem to be doing it right maybe you should take bigger hits?

8. What?...

9. Another question, have you coughed at all?

10. Why is step 4 not step number 1?

11. Go through the steps and you'll see.

12. use a pipe,
    light the bowl,
    thumb on carrb,
    inhale slowly while lighting the weed,
    release the carb for half a second and inhale a little quicker to get the smoke
    once you have taken the hit in that same breath inhale some air deeply
    5 seconds to hold it in

some want to go on marathons and take 5-10 hits holding each for 20-40 seconds thinking they get higher but, its only oxygen deprivation --> leads to brain loss.
    smaller hits that are held for less will make you much higher.
    if all else fails use a bong.

how many hits did you take?

13. I have better advice than anyone

go to youtube

type in smoking a joint and watch

inhale, take extra breath, exhale

or learn to use a glass pipe they are easy:smoke::hello:

14. using a blunt, its easiest to pull the smoke into your mouth like smoking a cigar, and then inhale that like regular breathing. if you try to inhale and pull at the same time off a blunt sometimes you wont really get much of a hit off it.

15. If you can't be helpful you should probably not post at all. The blade asked a legitmate question. I'm sure you were just born what little knowledge you have now right? No? Really? You had to learn it?

Grow up.

16. Man, I got frustrated too when I wasn't getting really high the first few times I smoked. I thought I was doing it right and then BAM! it hit me on my fourth session. I don't really know what I was doing wrong before, though. I think I was just holding the smoke in my throat and not getting it all the way into my lungs. Like some other people said, just kinda suck thru your pipe while lighting up, and then take the full deep breath when the smoke comes. You'll know when you're doing it right!:smoke:

17. dude OP buy a pack of cigarettes while your trying to learn how to inhale....so you dont waste any green:smoke:

18. You win the dumbest idea of the day award. Sure everyone should be free to smoke cigs if they want to, but why would any reasonable person RECOMMEND something that WILL kill you eventually. It's not an if, it's a matter of when.

19. I like to just start and end with step 4, oh then repeat...