How to increase potency

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by amsterdamage, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Ok experts, please tell me if you agree or disagree with the following statement:

"[SIZE=-1px]The use of hydroponics (growing plants in a nutrient laden solution rather than conventional soil) and other technological advances have enabled cultivators to increase the potency of Tetrahydro-cannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana plants.[/SIZE]"

2. That's exactly what I thought!!!

I copied that paragraph straight from the DEA website, from the section "Marijuana Eradication".
    (just google "dea marijuana eradication")

I actually almost posted this in 'beginners', because any beginner would
    know that you can achieve the same potency with soil that you can with hydro.

I guess the DEA got them some learin' to do! [​IMG]

3. Here are some ways to decrease the potency of your plant.

Having the lights too close to the plant during the flower phase.

Using too much nute load during flower phase.

Cutting the plants down too early.

Not waiting for the proper cure time, before smoking.

4. i aint no expert, but I've had better, more potent results, with hydro. I'm sure the potential for soil is greater, but with hydro you have absolute control over your plantfood. pH (the most important aspect of any grow) is easily readable and immediately adjustable. You also can tell exactly what food and in what amounts is in your water. AND, I would say hydro is more experimental, because you can adjust nutrient levels without too much worry because at any time you can just dump your reservoir out and start fresh.

Hydro is just so much easier to control the environment.

in regards to organic: anyone have any suggestions for organic nutes that won't clog up sprayers?

5. just had a thought. I come here and say "I copied this from the dea site", dea agents
    reading this go to their server logs and look who came to their site in the last day. Because
    their site is boring as fuck they see I'm the only visitor. Now they got my ip address and my
    ass is nailed. Oh well, guess there's a lesson for me to learn somewhere in there

6. Coughdrop

Why would you want to use "organic nutes"

Plants need the macro and micro nutes.

Organic material has to be digested by microbes
    before the organic material is turned into
    the chemicals a plant can uptake.

If you buy hydro nutes,
    then you don't need microbes to digest the organics,
    and turn them into chemicals your plants can use.

Just buy the chemicals already in the form your plants like.

The macro nutes NPK, can only be used by the plant,
    when they are in very chemical specific molecular chains.

Plants take Nitrogen from the Air.
    But only the salts of NPK,&Ca
    usually in these chemical forms,
    N(H2NCONH2), P(Na3PO4), K(KCL), and Ca(CaCL2)
    are used by the root system.

The microbes break down the organic material
    into these chemical elements.

Why is N2nCONH2 better,
    if it comes from a microbes ass, instead of a laboratory?

Micro nutes are just metals in the ground that plants can absorb.
    If you buy hydro nutes then the proper metals are already in the formula.

Macro nutes= nitrogen N, Phosphorus P, and potassium K.

Micro nutes = magnesium Mg, calcium Ca, boron Bo, iron Fe, etc..

7. honestly, just looking to experiment. I want to mix things up just to see any differences first hand. There's just been a lot of positive information floating around. I don't necessarily agree with it all, just want to try it out.

8. amsterdamage, if the DEA gave a fuck about your IP they would already have it. Don't stress about it unless you are growing hundreds of pounds or shipping a buttload of coke. If not, the DEA really could not care less...so dont stress.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lol! ..thanks man. I'm always on their site keeping tabs on them, and the ONDCP too.
    I just forgot that I leave footprints. :eek: