How to increase potency??!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dope_killa530, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Hello everyone! Greetings from northern California I recently started my first outdoor grow im growing cherry pie super glue and pre bubba 98 and I was wondering how I can make increase thc content and make some dense buds I don't want to have the average fluffy outdoor I really want my first harvest to look good and taste good any recommendations? Im in preflower right now using flora series nutes with added cal mag

2. If you harvest early your weed will be more potent. You will lose yield though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I
    Really ? I never heard of this before

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Growweedeasy.com/harvest

5. A coupla things would be a strong LED light so you won’t have a heat issue with a sealed grow and feed c02. Grow hydroponic to get more nutes and for longer without requiring the flush 2 weeks before harvest. Leave them in the dark for 1 day before harvest. Feed molasses in the last few days when it’s no longer taking nutes. Just a few ideas. Most important is the grow should have more than enough light.

6. I have never heard that before. Please enlighten us.

7. I think that means an earlier harvest. Not necessarily harvesting early. You should at least wait until you see some amber trichombs. In my opinion.

8. Quoted from the article that you posted. Contradictory to your original statement.
    When it comes to cutting and flushing your plants, one of the most important factors that you have to consider is timing. While there are advantages involved in harvesting early, most growers would still prefer harvesting late. This is because you are actually letting your plants bloom for as long as they can so that you can also expect the highest THC weight and percentages.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. I like harvesting when all the trichs are milky with the least amount of clear/amber. Maybe %5-10% amber tops.

10. As above Exactly. It aldepends on ur preferred High bro. Active up & at em or couch lock on the x station or play box what ever

11. As far as making it mre potent.

Just learn the plant. Learn to feed/water correctly. Give at least 50W Sq/ft light. As much air as possible.

Keep it simple. Less is more. Give plenty of root space. Don't overfertilize. Give only what it needs to show no deficiencies. Don't ever let it get to dry. Buy a cheap Lowes Moisture Meter, and use it. Don't let the needle get to the low moist line. Close, but not to the line.
    Keep a good breeze on plants, but don't windburn them/beat them to death. All plants should show some movement.

Give all the airflow/ventilation/air exchange possible

• Like Like x 1
  12. Growing weed plants and harvesting early will give you highly potent buds to smoke. This is because the level of THC in buds during the early stage of maturity is very high. When almost 50% of the pistils have a change in color, it is a signal that you should begin reaping the buds to obtain the high tetrahydrocannabinol level that you desire.

13. This is a quote from Trichomes on Weed | What are they? When to Harvest? All your answers

TRICHOME STATE DESCRIPTION Unformed or Clear

The Trichomes isn’t fully developed yet. The stalk is still growing.

The head of the trichome isn’t formed or isn’t perfectly round yet.

No THC or CBD production has started.

Some are Clear, some are Milky

THC production has started in some Thricomes.

The levels of THC aren’t at their highest.

Not ready to harvest.

Mostly or all Milky

THC levels are at their highest.

If you’re aiming for an very upper type effect this is the window for harvest.

Mostly milky and some are turning golden/amber

THC glands are starting to deteriorate.

THC levels are starting to reduce.

CBD levels are starting to increase.

If you’re looking for that mildly upper high this is the time to harvest.

Mostly or all golden/brown

THC Glands have fully deteriorated.

CBD levels are at their highest and THC levels at their lowest.

If you’re looking for more of a chill/”couch potato” high this is when you want to harvest.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I honestly don't believe what that article is saying then. If I harvest when my pistils are 50% changed, I only have about 25-50% cloudy trichs and the rest clear. Sorry. I'd rather have my buds full and have mostly cloudy trichs. But hey, if someone wants to judge a buds doneness by the hairs and not the glands that contain the thc, let them. It ain't my weed.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. I go by glands, not stigmas.

16. Primo little write up. Shot for sharing