Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to increase potency of edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KaptainKush108, Feb 24, 2013.

1. I have 6g of mids (bud) and I am wondering if I could find a way to get me and four other people baked for hours off brownies.

A lot of recipes mention using a 1/2 Oz, so I am looking to increase the potency of the 6g so I can be as baked as possible. I am doing it tomorrow so any suggestions would be appreciated.:smoking:

2. Science: Oral intake of a cannabinoid together with a meal improved bioavailability by avoiding first-pass metabolism (abst - 2009)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-prandial oral bioavailability of a novel cannabinoid receptor agonist via avoidance of first-pass metabolism. (abst - 2009)
    Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-p... [Pharm Res. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

They were using a different cannabinoid, but it works the same for THC! :D

3. Thanks, so should 6g get us baked?

4. It's my friend's 22nd birthday so don't want to fuck up haha, I know that extracting the THC properly increases potency but I don't know the best method that takes no more than 2hrs to make.

5. No way, from my past experience using mids for edibles I need an eighth to feel right stoned anything less resulted in a good high just not enough. I would smoke it if I were you, you would all get way higher.

6. decarb dat shit and extract well with whatever method you choose. you will be golden my friend

7. Just grind up the bud really fine, then take the kief stuck to the grinder and collect it, keep regrinding the bud till its powdery, then roll a doobie

8. Those articles weren't clear as to whether to eat before your edible e.g 45 mins or combine your edible of choice (mine just being plain avb) to a fatty meal and eat it at the same time.

9. Use hash or oil, and add it into the fattest content you can find, the more fat in the yogurt, butter or what ever the better.
    Beware; eating it, there is no plato (spelt right?) but with smoking you can only get so high
    and sit at that point , but with eating it the high will just keep going.

10. Invest in some more mids, or smoke that shit.

11. A Q of mids makes a great batch of brownies. Just be sure to do it right. Simmer the bud in butter for like 1h30 that will make em bomb

12. Thanks everyone, just mentioning that this 6g's is part of an oz that we're smoking. So we're gonna be high as fuck anyway, we smoked the mids and we're gonna be using some good stuff from the oz:smoking: