Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to increase cbd

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by austyn12, Aug 2, 2012.

1. #1 austyn12, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    How do u increase the cbd? i really need it for my anixety but strains with high thc dont help with anxiety as munch usually and i need high thc for the pain part of the anxiety i have. At lease with the strains i can get around here.

2. Sadly, increasing CBD is not possible, it's 100% genetically determined. Your best bet is to look for CBD high strains, e.g. Cannatonic, Otto#1, etc.

Good luck

3. is there a way to extract it and add more to the marijuana i have for anxiety ? sometimes when my anxiety isnt as bad i use it for my eating disorder so i wont need CBD.

4. Hemp is high in CBD. So I think the only way would be to cross breed hemp with your cannabis sativa/indica strain. Or you could just smoke hemp, but you wouldn't get high at all.

5. i noticed it dosnt help as munch if not mixed with thc if you got anxiety that gives you pain but ty for info. Where can i get uncooked hemp seeds at?

6. Find a good indica Dom like aurora indica or something with blueberry in it

7. I don't know, Hemp is also illegal so you can't just buy it in stores. It might be hard to find but do a few searches on google, I'm sure you'll find something.

8. Henrys sells them but idk if they are cooked.

9. Does hemp actually have CBD? I have 100% hemp rope.. I dont think I should smoke it though haha. But CBD helps with my anxiety like OP, THC just makes it worse.

10. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']Does hemp actually have CBD? I have 100% hemp rope.. I dont think I should smoke it though haha. But CBD helps with my anxiety like OP, THC just makes it worse.[/quote]

Yea probably shouldn't I'm pretty sure they process it first..it was an old myth that sailors would smoke their rope to get high

11. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']

Yea probably shouldn't I'm pretty sure they process it first..it was an old myth that sailors would smoke their rope to get high[/quote]

Mine is 100% organic hemp, no dies or colors or anything. Its raw rope.

12. So could you simply grow a high THC strain, as well as some hemp, and then grind up some of the harvested buds and smoke it together for the desired effect?
    What if you crossbred them? How much THC/CBD would be lost?

13. I don't think that's even possible. But I could be wrong here.. hemp doesn't produce buds anyway.

Are you medical patient? Look for the strain "Cannatonic", its like 1% THC/20% CBD.

14. Harlequin has high cbd if I'm not mistaken

15. Vape ur weed wen u need it for eating disorder. Smoke the vaped weed for anxiety. Presto

16. Hemp doesn't actually contain much cbd, if I remember correctly its only around 3%. It's only high in cbd compared to the level of tch (<1%). You'd probably have to smoke a LOT of hemp for it to have any noticeable effect, which kind of goes against the medical aspect.

Likes others have mentioned you're better off chasing down a heavy indica (what I like to use for my SAD) or even better a strain specifically bred for its high cbd to thc ratios, such as harliquin, cannatonic, etc.

Then of course you can mix those with you high thc strains as needed for pain. Good luck!

17. around here theres alot of pain type strains(high thc) only

18. Nope, this wont do it either. There are even a few sativa strains which are relatively high in CBD, i.e this cannabinoid is not an indica only trait.

19. yessir, so is Cannatonic. Check out the CBD project site for more.

20. What a load of crap! man, there is so much misinformation on this site...

Vaping will remove all cannabinoids, even if you have a volcano, as no vaporizer out there can titrate out the various cannabinoids.