How to help my dad?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by basa skune, Mar 2, 2013.

1. So my dad is about 47 years old and he's a construction worker.

About 2 years ago he fell from a balcony and that was a good 4 meter fall (about 12 feet). He was badly hurt, he broke his pelvis, his leg, twice his shoulder, a vertebra and had a concusion.

He was realy close to dying and his recovery took months, but now he can't properly move his arm, he has pain in his hip and back and he can't hear so good because of the strong anesthetics that were given to him before the surgery.

Now after 2 years he still can't do even the simplest tasks on the construction site, so he's thinking on putting the firm on my name (note I'm only 19 years old) ..

Now although it's a big responsibility I don't care. The thing that worrys me is that my dad is in constant pain and today when I was having a drink with my friends my mother needed to drive him to the hospital for a shot of morphine so he could fell asleep.

When I was driving home I was thinking, I know he hates his pills and injections (he says they are only chemichals in them and he felt he was getting addicted to them), but the pain is so big he doesn't have a choice and I know that marijuana is used to ease the pain and help people with sleep.

And my question is, how do you guys think I should ask him if he would be willing to try some thc treatment?

But even if he says yes and I get some weed it's going to be whatever the dealer just bought, we can't choose different strains here, either you buy what the dealer has or you go home empty handed.

And note that in my country possesion is illegal and is a criminal offense, weed is also very demonized, so it's going to be very hard to convince him to try it. I was thinking I could give him some edibles, since he never smoked cigarettes. Plus there is my mother who knows I smoke weed from time to time, but is not realy happy about that, so telling her I'm going to give a joint to my father is going to be an adventure of its own ...

I don't know I just needed to vent, he looks sad from the pain and I just can't watch him suffer like that without doing something.

Oh and please don't be mad because of the bad english. Peace! :wave:

2. Give him hybrid strains with mostly indica like 70 indica 30 sativa need sativa or indica will make him not want to work or 50/50 will work

He should try smoking first to decide if he wants the benefits of marijuana

Sent from my iPhone 5S using GC Forum.

3. If you can get high quality stuff then id say go for it. But i dont think schwag would be that useful. Maybe print up some information on benefits of using it and what not for him to read, i really hope the best for you.

4. Gotta be medicinal, something high in cbd's. just talk to him about it, first look up granny's list and get evidence to back up what your saying. If he's in as much pain as you say then he will appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using GC Forum

5. That's really rough, best wishes to you & your family broski.
    Let us know how this turns out, good luck.

6. My dads 46 and has done construction his whole life and I can see him Fallon apart. So I know where you're coming from. The balcony fall really just rushed things. The edibles are a good idea though man. Nothing but my good luck to you and him.

7. My dad is 47 and he does drywall and builds walls and houses and shit and sometimes he comes home hurt, like cutting his hands open and shit, i introduced him to weed and he stopped smoking cigs altogether and quit alchohol, he just smokes weed now.

8. I don't want to give him some random shit, so he will walk around the world high, I was doing some research and it realy seems like high cbd strains are better to smoke - like somebody mentioned in a post, but that's going ti be a pain in the ass to get here in my country ... Seems a fieldtrip to the Netherlands is in order :D.

But on a serious note, I have a cunning plan I just came up with. I will order some canabis oil, which is surprisingly kinda legal here and if it helps him even a little bit I'll try to persuade him in trying edibles and then even smoking.

Thank you all for answers and kind wishes. Stay safe!

9. I don't know where you live or how it really is there. Over here, if you work construction then you're no stranger to marijuana. Most everyone in the field has tried it. If you haven't tried it then you know you've at least worked with people who have openly used it.

I would just be like. "Hey dad, have you ever tried marijuana?" Then just tell him all the things you know are true and how it may be helpful to him. It's amazing how America outlawed marijuana on false propaganda and then everywhere else in the world follows. SMH

10. I live in europe, to be more precise in a little country named Slovenia and a lot of people have started to recognize the benefits of the plant here but the laws about marijuana are very strict and still majority of people see the weed as a drug as bad as cocain, excstasy or even heroin so this topic isn't just a casual talk type of thing, I realy need to show him the benefits so he would be persuaded to try it and even if he starts using marijuana he needs to do that secretly because you never know who will call the police for possesion.