How to heat a small grow tent?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by maximillia, Jan 18, 2015.

1. #1 maximillia, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    Hey so i'm starting my first grow in an attic area, its in a tiny tent (90 x 60 x 90 cm) and it will grow one plant. I'm using a small carbon filter and fan as well as an LED grow light. All is well and i have everything working, but my temperature in there is at 15*C (15 degrees Celsius) and humidity is at 70-71%. It will drop this temperature more at night. 

My question is how will i heat this little tent and dehumidify it? I have a very tight budget and i don't want to use a lot of electricity. Would adding the heat dehumidify it on its own or would i have to get a dehumidifier? 

2. #2 killset, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    Space heaters dry out the air. Oil filled space heaters don't dry it out as much as radiant or ceramic heaters. I grow in an unheated, no a/c gardening shed. In the winter we have low humidity here. So in the winter I need a oil filled heater and humidifier outside of the tent. In the summer, we have high humidity, so I run a/c and a dehumidifier. So I'm a bit opposite of you. You may just need to flip flop the humidifier/ dehumidifier from what I do. Your humidity isn't bad for veg and once you get a heater in there it will drop some. So you might not need a dehumidifier at all. But its only a guess until you're up and running. You might want to try and cordon of a section of your attic w/ visqueen, blankets or something, that way you don't have to try and control the entire attic. If you don't you will need larger equipment. Come flower you will definitely want it to drop a bit.