How To Have An OBE?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 420And69Rock, May 9, 2011.

1. ok i figured out where im messing up whenever i get the vibrations or even before that i get a random thought and then i concentrate on blocking it out so i actually have to start all over. keep in my this is my 4th attempt and im going to try my fifth right now

2. still need some more help i still cant get past paralysis

3. You should read the book

:D

Judging from what I can see... I think you need to work on exiting techniques. Usually once you get to sleep paralysis it is simply a matter of learning to exit.

Next time in teh sleep paralysis state, try one of these things:

1. This is what I do. Simply visualize either a random environment or the room you are in with all your concentration. Try to see the image mentally and it should begin to slowly appear before you, until you are immersed in it entirely.

2. "Roll" your "etheric body" out of your real body. Also you can sit up, sink out, or try wiggling your limbs around (all of this is referring to your subtle body, not the physical body), so in other words do all this without moving your real body.

3. Picture yourself climbing a rope... higher and higher and higher and higher. You may see a light or some similar opening which you can go through to pop out, or you may just pop out naturally as a result of this.

4. Picture yourself going down a long dark tunnel. You may see a door at some point. Go through the door to get out of your body.

5. With every breath, picture yourself either getting lighter or your body getting heavier... either one.

6. With each breath, picture yourself breathing in white light (positive energies) and exhaling smoke (negative energies). You can do this in conjunction with number 5.

I also recommend trying some of this stuff just after you wake up in the morning. Basically wake up, and most importantly don't move a muscle, just lay there with your eyes closed and practice these techniques. In the half-awake state you are very likely to have success with at least one of them.

Only try one of these at a time. If it doesn't work wait for another projection attempt to try another. Also don't burn yourself out by trying over and over and over again back to back... Give yourself some breaks and you will probably find yourself making much more progress.

Again though, it is probably best to just read the book.

4. Thank you so much man, exiting strategies have definitely been the "thorn" in my side, although I'm fairly certain I've managed to exit my body before just "by accident", either that or they were incredibly vivid lucid dreams, either way it was fuckin awesome lol.

5. I'm glad I could help. :)

Like I said even if these don't work during the day, try them right after you wake up in the morning... don't open your eyes or move when you wake up, just immediately try these (especially that first one, that's what I have the most success with). Success rates are much higher immediately after you wake up.

Once you get it down that way, doing it while wide awake becomes much easier.

6. i cant cause i have to get up for school (senior) but i only have 1 more year left so yeah

7. I had a question. I tried to astral project last night and this is what I got. My body felt numb, no intense vibration but a little one, but I was really shaking, I had very little thoughts, sometimes I felt vertigo like I was being hung upside down, my eyelids kept on twitching, which made me kinda open my eyes, but they felt like they were still closed, my body felt like it was twisting or bending in an awkward position but I was laying straight on my bed and my neck felt like it kept on turning to the side, but it really wasn't. Then after awhile I just opened my eyes, because it didn't feel like it was going anywhere. I am still a bit confused. Was that my chance to get out of my body? For some reason I keep on forgetting the method on HOW to get OUT of your body, like what your supposed to imagine. Because by the time I get to that state I don't want to think much, because I don't want to snap out of it and distract myself.

8. Read those exit techniques I posted a view posts above this one.

Also, read the book I recommended them. In fact, read any book by Robert Bruce, he is no sage nor is he anywhere close to a spiritual master but his books are certainly ample material to have you successfully astral projecting.