How to harvest?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by SmokeyToke, Sep 12, 2011.

1. I was going to begin flushing tomorrow and I read somewhere to keep the lights off for the next 3 days and remove all the water from the res. Can someone tell me the correct process?

2. You want to flush the medium at least a week or two before harvest. You want to keep watering just make sure not to add anymore nutrients to the water otherwise your bud may taste funny later on down the road. I've never heard anything about adjusting the light cycle afterwards.

3. What about the res? Do I dump it?

4. The final budding stage of your baby (1-2 weeks prior to harvest) life is a key essential to the final results. As you may know, its during this stage that most chemicals that found in marijuana are produced by the plant.

Yes, when you perform your final flush go ahead and dump/clean your reservoir. It is important that you do not add any more additives at this point (7-10 days prior to harvest). From here on out only use water, which has been pH corrected of course, and thats all. This will purge the plant of any unwanted impurities that could further lead to a "harsh" smoke.

What kind of hydro system are you using?

5. Dwc..should the airstone stay on?

6. all the time.... or the plants die

7. Thanks guys.

8. I agree with what has been said some of my grow buds leave the lights off for the last 3 days to get more sugar the choice is yours though.

9. Not sure what is right but Danny danko calls shenanigans on the dark period. Says to keep the lights on up till the end.

10. I have heard of letting the plant sit in a complete 24 hour dark cycle between veg and flower stage, of course to let your baby know its in flower stage. But I have never heard of leaving the lights off for 48 hours before flushing/harvesting. W/e it is you are talking about.