How to grow those Rock type buds?best indoor hydro setup?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Norcalmatt, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Alright, my friend from nv bought this bud last week for 400 bucks a ounce, hes crazy rich so he can afford rediculous stuff like that. Dont get me wrong this bud was incredible, probably the best iv ever seen. It was rock solid hard and sugar coated. An ounce in a regular sandwhich bad was 2 inches thick and came up a little over half of the baggy. This stuff was amazing! Smelled great as well as tasted great too. Anways i was thinking about getting into hydro and i was wondering how those buds were grow so dense, as far as potency im confident i can make bud that good, but that dense, i dunno? I asked him what the trick is and he said the dude had been growing for years and the only reason it was so dense was because it was hydro and there are so many nutrients just being pumped into the plant all the time. Iv seen hydro before and i know there has to be a way to make a plant that dense. Maybe it was just grown under a 1000w light? Anyone have a suggestion of a great grow setup to buy or make please? Just in case i was willing to throw the dough out there, what is the best setup i could have and then probably the cheapest to get the best hydro. Thanks.:smoke:

2. imho i think the density comes from genetics and additional co2.
    if you have to do hydro i had good results with the waterfarm rom GH or make a DWC system.

doober

3. flood and drain is probly the easiest... most forgiving hydro set up...and I do hydro I can tell you that there are strains that will grow loose with co2, hydro and 1000w.. Rockbud is in the genetics mostly... But then you kinda need the equipment to grow it like that, but without the genetics.. so I guess ya.. it's probly the co2, hydro, 1000watter, and genetics.. or genetics probly would come first. but whatever..