How To Grow The Best Auto Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Boint, Sep 30, 2010.

1. i dont even grow autos but this thread is the shiz should be a sticky for noobs

2. CFL are not as good as HPS lights at all have used both and hps is superior

3. I never said Cfls were as good as HPS. It was stated that Cfls will cause your plant not to branch(wrong), produce only a single cola(wrong) and wont grow dense buds.(wrong). Obviously HPS is far superior, but let's not bash Cfls with ill informed data. I have great results and couldn't possibly be running a HPS where I am.

4. [quote name='"bobtheslob"']I need to keep my LR 2 short and will be using CFL's

Can you offer some advice on lst / scrog ?[/quote]

I don't think Lowryder#2 would be the best candidate grow LST, they don't branch much. One easy way to control size would be using a small pot.

5. Don't forget t-5 as a great light. All i grow with ,low heat factor and great par. An 8 bulb t-5 , smart pots and afgan kush ryder will yield a pound or more of dried bud.

6. 6.5 oz off of 2, Easy Ryders.
    CFLs, ocean forest soil, organic fox farm ferts

ForumRunner_20120217_203321.png

ForumRunner_20120217_203336.png

7. that's pretty monster bro! how many watts did your CFLs sum up to?

8. That's pretty nice bro I'm interested too because I'm startin my first auto grow this month when the rest of my supplies come in what strength on your nuts did you use and I have 24 100 w cfls 20 2700k 1600 lumens and 4 5000k 1750 lumens in a 2ft X 3ft closet growing 4 plants 2 chronic Ryder, critical mass, and northern lightsXbig bud any advice is appreciated good thread btw

9. [quote name='"04tuscani420"']That's pretty nice bro I'm interested too because I'm startin my first auto grow this month when the rest of my supplies come in what strength on your nuts did you use and I have 24 100 w cfls 20 2700k 1600 lumens and 4 5000k 1750 lumens in a 2ft X 3ft closet growing 4 plants 2 chronic Ryder, critical mass, and northern lightsXbig bud any advice is appreciated good thread btw[/quote]

Lol fuck all that numbers screwed me up. But 24 x 100 w is crazy!!!!!!!!!! If u do that make sure u have a flawless ventilation system.

10. [quote name='"Akaz"']

that's pretty monster bro! how many watts did your CFLs sum up to?[/quote]

I had about 165 watts per plant. I actually had 4 easy ryders......6.5 OZ was just the first 2, still waiting on the final weight. I have a journal if you want to check it out. Also to the dude asking about nutes, I only used fox farms happy frog organic fertilizer. You can see it via my thread.

11. [quote name='"Akaz"']

Lol fuck all that numbers screwed me up. But 24 x 100 w is crazy!!!!!!!!!! If u do that make sure u have a flawless ventilation system.[/quote]

I think he is refering to the "equivielent" wattage and not the actual wattage. I hope he is....

12. Borophyl those are some awesome Easy Ryders!

I'm starting an Easy Ryder grow myself, do you recommend LSTing them?

Also, the OP says that 24/0 light keeps them shorter, with 5% increased yeild.

I am growing in a 24" Server PC case, so I only have 17.5" of vertical grow space.
    Should I try 24/0? Right now i'm on 20/4. Any tips would be much appreciated!

:hello:

13. [quote name='"mike827"']Borophyl those are some awesome Easy Ryders!

I'm starting an Easy Ryder grow myself, do you recommend LSTing them?

Also, the OP says that 24/0 light keeps them shorter, with 5% increased yeild.

I am growing in a 24" Server PC case, so I only have 17.5" of vertical grow space.
    Should I try 24/0? Right now i'm on 20/4. Any tips would be much appreciated!

:hello:[/quote]

I didn't LST because I had read before I started the grow, that LSTing was a no-no for autos. After the fact, it seems like most say it is strain dependent, and some autos are greatly improved by found so. That being said, I would DEFINETLY say this strain is a good candidate for LST. I would start at week 3 and maybe only do a couple rounds, she went through a crazy vigourous growth stage about weeks 5-8 in my garden, and you don't want to stunt an auto for sure. Just my opinion, maybe ask someone that does more micro style grows, but I'm thinking some kind of scrog may suit you well. As for light schedule, I do my plants on 20/4 to so I can't help a lot, but I can't imagine these things growing any faster!

14. Thanks for the tips. Just curious, how tall did your plants grow vertically? I only have 17.5" to work with.
    Just so I can understand, you're suggesting 2 weeks of LST during the last week of seedling/veg (week 3) through the start of flower (week 4), and then let it grow out from there?

I'd like to maximize yield while making sure I don't outgrow my 17.5" of vertical space!

15. [quote name='"mike827"']

Thanks for the tips. Just curious, how tall did your plants grow vertically? I only have 17.5" to work with.
    Just so I can understand, you're suggesting 2 weeks of LST during the last week of seedling/veg (week 3) through the start of flower (week 4), and then let it grow out from there?

I'd like to maximize yield while making sure I don't outgrow my 17.5" of vertical space!

I had 2 get about 2 ft and 2 more that were about 3 ft. But I was also in 5gallon containers. And Yes you got the LST schedule right. But if u want to, go back and read through my journal, there was a guy that posted about LSTing autos, and he seemed knowledgeable.

16. Just went through your thread. It appears some autoflower strains perform well with LST, while some do not. Apparantley, Easy Ryder is one of those strains that likes to be trained, due to its AutoAK47 heritage.

I guess I'll let you know how it works out! :hello:

17. So? How is the growing?

18. I fucked up man... This unseasonably warm spring, along with no A/C in my room led to temps over 95 degree's in my case. Little bugger was heat stressed to all hell. Waiting to germ a new seed once I get my window A/C installed!

19. Do autoflower flower regardless of the light schedule?

20. Yeap read op I think he covered that