How to grow shorter plant ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DaN Th3 WeeD, Jun 12, 2009.

1. I have a very limited height space in which Im growing my cannabis , its the ONLY place where my parents let me grow . Its a short, but wide cabinet and I have 2 plants growing in it for a week now with a few cfl lights. Is there a way to train the plant to grow really short ? I read about pinching the top off the plant or something , can someone please explain that to me in detail ? Where , when , how ?

Thanx

2. lst my friend. ill find a good how to for ya one sec

3. basically, this is the best way i know of to maximize yield and keep the plant small using cfl's( like a small bush). LST (low stress training) . gl any questions just ask

4. also remember that when you start to flower the plant will usually double to triple in size. so take that into account.

5. LST is the best and easiest method. Just get some good string and duct tape. I usually dont tie anything around a stem, instead i just loop it around and tape both ends to the pot or container. This way the stem isnt damaged.

6. Use 1 gallon potters and LST like this.

Attached Files:

7. Cool man thanks for the link , much appreciated. When it flowers , do you mean it will double or tripple in hight ?
    Thanx

8. #8 DaN Th3 WeeD, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
    I just want to know , whats the minimum height of the pot that I can use ? I can use very wide pots , its just that height is an issue for me, the shorter the pot is for me the better. Also about that pic , why are the leaves so small ? Will it still grow a lot bigger ? Coz if I can get my plant to grow leaves as small and spread out like that, I can then grow out doors because its difficult to tell its a marijuana plant.
    Thanx

9. Try autoflowering strains, most of them only grow to about 24inches. Try ak47-lowrider from attitude seeds.

10. what ^he said. though it doesn't sound like your parents would be keen on you ordering seeds online.

try lst, or scrog. also i have found that vegging with a 24/0 light cycle results in shorter, bushier plants

11. #11 DaN Th3 WeeD, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
    It took so much convincing just to get my parents to let me grow , so yea, I dont want to push them lol. I think Ill try the 24/0 cycle , thanx .

12. Hey...LST is good sometimes depending on how big your grow area is...a lot of times if you have height issues, you'll also have length and width issues as well. I did my first grow in a wardrobe, and even with lst I ran into the walls in very little time. so another option would be to get an additive such as [Humboldt county's own: bush master] which is supposed to stop verticle growth and keep the plants bushy, but now as much as spreading branches out doing lst. I haven't personnally used it, but i've heard good things. I've used other Humboldt county's own products and have been satisfied with the results.

13. if you want short plants do NOT give them 24hrs of light.light should be 12\12 to force flowering at about 8" tall,you will end up with a 2ft plant or shorter.

14. I have a good idea...Put 2 gallon pot at one end of your grow space and then LST all the way down to the other end of your grow space. You would have a short plant that is really long. Lots of colas too!:smoke:

15. I'm not sure why they are small, maybe because of the 12/12 cycle or because of the LST. I didnt get many big leaves mainly because of the LST in my opinion.