How to grow outdoors?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Secretkush, Jan 10, 2012.

1. This summer a friend and I are thinking about growing a couple plants out in a plot of woods I own. However, we have no clue what the hell we are doing. So I am pretty much going to need a step-by-step guide of the whole process.

Many thanks!

2. I'd take a look around the outdoor growing section. read the stickies.. journals.. learn from others trial and error. I'm an indoor grower so I can't be too helpful. Good luck!

3. I think the biggest is to get a strain resistant to bugs and pests, and also any specific environmental factors for your area (is it really hot, really cold, really humid, really dry..does it rain alot or not too much? is your area prone to sudden temperature snaps?)

another thing is to make sure its safe, animals LOVE bud. I can't think of much else other than grow it away from the thickest area and make sure sun light will hit the plants directly (*tree canopies tend to block out light and their massive roots have usually soaked up the nutrients that would already be in the ground).. Im not an outdoor grower but these are things that come to mind.

4. The summers here are VERY hot, 95+ all summer. Normally we don't get much rain either. Your general southern summer. We were planning on just using some bag seed.