How to grow as naturally as possible?

Discussion in 'Security' started by AdamYoo, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, I'm a complete n00b when it comes to growing; never done it before, although I've been smoking for about two years.

Basically, I want to plant a couple clones outside in the forest and I don't know if just simply planting them there will produce anything... For planting outdoors, do I absolutely HAVE to purchase the right types of soil and monitor the PH levels? Can I just plant the clone, come back to check it out once or twice a week, sex the plant and get some good bud from that? I'm an 18 year old student in grade 12, still living at home, so I'm rather busy right now and can't have any traces of it at home.

If anybody has any other tips I should know, please do let me know! Thanks!

2. this question is asked at least 3 times a day. read the outdoor stickies.

3. I can't find anything that discusses growing without using pots, gravel mixes, etc... I just want to know if I can put it in the dirt and it will grow fine.

4. it depends on your conditions outside. if you have a veg. garden, you could throw some cannabis in there and it would be fine.

but poking a hole in your backyard or in the woods probably won't do much if you don't care for it unless your conditions are 100% ideal.

if you can find a patch of some dark, rich soil somewhere (smell it, the "earthier" it smells, the better), it will probably get past the sprout stage but still probably won't make it all the way to producing bud without your help.

5. If I water the plant, sex it and take care of it, will it produce bud even if I don't use proper fertilizer? I have a spot by a river that looks pretty good and gets plenty of sun light.

6. Dude , just dig a hole fill it up with premium soil(rocks on the bottom) and plant your seed. Better yet get a 5Gal bucket , drill some holes on the button, put some rocks on the bottom of that bucket, dig a hole and put that bucket in with premium soil...
    P.S.Instead of bucket you can use plastic bags...

7. you wont get dank bud but you will get bud. they need that care and love to be dank and thats if you crop isnt harvested by deer rabbits or other animals and insects that live in your area

8. Exactly what he said

I tried to do what your talking about my first time. I mixed in some garden soil to the spot and planted several healthy sprouts. one plant truned male and since I was only coming by once a week or so the other 2 females got seedy buds. But I never got to smoke it cause it molded...I chopped after a rain storm thinkin that would be a good final flush but the bud stayed wet forever. I probably only pulled half oz wet weight off those 2 females.

9. Adam, anything is possible. But are you trying to get away with the least amount of effort, or are you trying to maximize your yield? Impossible to be doing both at the same time. So yes, you can more or less leave the plants to grow on their own without messing with fertilizers and pH buffering and such, just don't be disappointed if your plant dies or your yield suffers.

You get out what you put in. Adjusting pH and giving ferts are not just things that manic growers obsess over for no reason, these things are critically important. The only way you can get away with not paying attention to these and other grow conditions is if by chance you end up with the right conditions naturally, which is unlikely on all fronts.

Focus on your goal, assess whether you have the time, money, and inclination to do what is needed, and then decide from there.

P.S. this is the Security section but not a Security question...

10. you could get away with just putting it straight into the ground or whatnot but its better to probably use pot since if you need to move it for any reason you can just pick it up and move it. simple as that. its more of a preference thing at this point.

you're gonna HAVE TO fertilize the plant of you're not going to get performance. without any nutes its going to grow very slowly and when it buds its gonna be airy and you'll have some glorified shake.

ideally you'd like to water every 3-4 days. every other time you're gonna wanna feed them nutes. for beginners (i still use it too and im not a beginner) fox farm 3-pack of nutes is EXTREMELY easy to use.

if this is a problem you're going to want to make your own super soil mix. theres really no two ways about it...the plant has to get nutes from somewhere. super soils work great if you want to just water it instead of mixing bottles of nutes in water. super soil recipes are in the outdoor forum i believe.

just getting the fox farm would probably be easier if you're just starting out as you dont have to run around looking for loads of obscure/uncommon but usually organic ingredients (super soil recipes)...all you do is go to fox farms website and you can print out their feeding schedule to follow. it explains the dosage of each nute for every week of your grow cycle from beginning to end.

either way the plant NEEDS to be watered so no matter if you use the super soil or the liquid nutes ur still gonna have to go visit them just as often.

animals are something to watch for out in the wild. reason being is they will eat your plant...some animals at least. this can be solved with simple fence/chicken wire, or if there are no animals nearby you also need to worry about bugs since you wont be in a controlled grow room...you'll be outside with all kinds of pests/insects.

id say start browsing the outdoor forum for better ideas as ive never actually grown outdoors..im an indoor guy but ive paid attention to lots of the problems outdoor growers have...

11. Depending on your natural soil.. It's very possible!
    I have very good soil and have done an outdoor gurrilla with sucsess
    Using nothing but seeds a rake, shovel and a hoe.

Your just have to till your soil really good... For that grow I think I used 2'x2'x2' holes

Your not going to get a huge yield
    But beleave me it's worth the 50$ for soil and 50$ for nutrients.

Water is a must

Mr.duke

12. for sure,outdoor , you need to have a good spot.

but if you look to my picture, i grow this plant last year

this is mango and it grows 15feet tall!!!!