Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to go about talking to your parents?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ToddSquad, Dec 26, 2009.

1. New here. What's up folks?

So here's my story / situation. I've been smoking pot for a couple years. In the beginning it was every now and then and then in the past year I started smoking at least once a week. When I decided I was going to smoke more, I decided I also needed a device. I got a nice bong for myself with the almost perfect hiding spot for it in my room. Inside my closet there's a little ledge where the doors are that I can hide stuff on and it's completely out of site. So I hid my bong there for about 2 to 3 months until one day it started raining. The inside of my closet started leaking and my dad went in there to check it out. Needless to say he found my bong.
    He didn't freak out, but my dad said he doesn't want it in the house. Get rid of it, he said. So I took it to a friends house, we smoked some og kush out of it and I left it there for the night. I never saw my baby again. No one seems to know what happened to her. :(
    Anyway, my dad brings up the bong every now and then when something happens with the cloest, jokingly and relaxed. My mom found an eighth of my weed before, and most recently, my dad found a pill bottle (that I use to hold my weed in, but he thought I was snorting pills) and my spliff. (On the ledge in the closet. Lawls.)
    But my parents don't freak out. It's not something I get in trouble for. So I feel like I'm at the stage where my parents know I smoke, but they support it (for health and legal reasons, I guess.) I feel like if I were to educate them on marijuna (ie. show them the union) then maybe I could smoke in my room or not have to freak out when I come home baked.
    Thing is, we don't talk about it. It doesn't come up in conversation and I don't know how to bring it up. Should I just be like "Hey mom and dad, I got this video for you guys to check out" or should I wait for the oppurtune moment, and try to slip it into relevant conversation?
    Because I'm the kind of guy where things have to be relevant to the conversation when it's something big like this. I feel like randomness is the wrong approach, but it's just how I am.

I think I'm just coming here for some encourgement.

2. #2 420cannabis420, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
    My parents have caught me left and right, and I've come to their conclusion on it. They dont want me smoking too much, which is more then a couple times a week (i smoke alldayeveryday), they dont want me smoking in the house, and they dont want me coming home blazed. Obvisally brainwashed parents who take probably 10 prescriptions and probably smoke 2 packs of cigs a day between them both.

I really want to educate them on marijuana and the benefits it brings me, and hopefully brings them later in life, because I use it for medicinal and recreational purposes, which hopefully they can too. I just dont know how to bring it up in conversation with them. Whenever talk about weed comes up, she turns to me and gives me this odd look on her face and talks about it awkwardly. I could use some of the same advise people post on this thread

3. Good to know there's someone else in the boat.
    My parents don't take prescriptions thought and my mom just recently quit smoking cigs. (sorta. she still has one every now and then)

4. i would tell them that smoking weed inside the house would be safer for you than doing it out in the open

tell her that smoking it gives you the munchies and her food tastes better

say something like "YOU KNOW HOW U ALWAYS COMPLAINING HOW I NEVER GO TO SLEEP EARLY..WELL SMOKING SOME WEED HELPS ME"..stress the fact that seeing as to how cold it is outside, smoking indoors would give you a better high.

idk man, just tell them weed is the shit! and it would hella help out if u smoke a blunt.

good luck! :smoking:

5. I would ask them if its alright if you smoke out back or something. And not when they are around....My parents are not anti-weed too much, but they dont like the idea of me being in another state of mind....you know, cause its like im not their son anymore. But that is just the nature of most parents. Tell them that you only will do it at night, and its to help you sleep.