Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get your parents to accept you as a stoner?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ShadowToker, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Also I'd like to add in: Prove your parents that MMJ isn't affecting you.

Example: School

2. You really just gotta show them that weed doesn't hinder your success in life at all. Most parents don't actually care about the weed they just think that your going to become a bum because that what the stereotypical weed smoker is to them. If you are achieving success in school and everything else than eventually they will not care. Whether most people believe it or not parents just want you to be successful.

3. OP, there are plenty of under age users on here... they just don't go around SAYING they're underage. I don't mind having you underagers around one bit (I think it's downright discrimination not to allow you here, though the rules are in place for legal reasons more than anything), but if you're going to come right out and SAY that you're under 18 then you probably get what's coming to you.

As for your situation... Well, as you're 14 I think you're too young for him to take your argument seriously. It's unfortunate, because he should - but the fact is that he would still see you as his boy, as his child. It wasn't so long ago at all that you were playing with plastic firetrucks and power rangers on the living room floor, you know? That's my gut feeling anyways, that even if your arguments are sound (and they probably would be, you sound pretty switched on and like you know your shit) he wouldn't be able to rationally consider your argument as a serious, adult one concerning a serious, adult issue because he doesn't see you that way. There's nothing you can do about that unfortunately - it's bullshit, hypothetically no different to racism or sexism (you didn't CHOOSE to be 14, did you?) but that's just the way of the world son. :p

4. But just remember, no matter if your over 18, over 40, or whatever age, if you still live with your parents you have to respect their rules(or atleast to a degree). If you dont like it then find a way to move out. But then again this kids apprently 14 so he could just be ignorant.

5. I dipped my balls into melted chocolate and i let it harden. Then i ate the balls shaped chocolates.

6. qft

To the op, if you do choose to still do it behind your parents back be responsible.

7. [​IMG]

8. A challenger appears...[​IMG]

9. I would say quit lying. Be as honest as you can without lettin him know how much you smoke. Dont hide that you do it though imo, coes he will never grow to accept it then. Keep smokin, do good in school, work, whatever you do, help around the house without them asking. Just do little things to show them that it isn't affecting your life in a bad way. Thats what I did

10. At 14 damn...I was smoking at 14 but my parents didn't know shit. The only time my parents excepted me as a stoner, was when I got into college started living on my own, and paying my bills, along with making decent grades all while smoking, at that point they were like well he's grown nothin we can do about it now. Before then I just kind of did my best to keep in a secert...although I was caught when I was 16, from then till I finished highschool it was just kind of a don't ask don't tell keep it away from the house type deal.

11. ohshit