How to get through 12 hour work day

Discussion in 'General' started by Spark It29, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Well...tomorrow I start work at 10, go until 4. Then I have an hour break. Then start again at 5 all the way to 11. How the fuck am I going to get through this????

2. Just remember the phrase... "This too shall pass"

3. Just one day? And it's not even 12 hours straight?

...what's the problem, dude?

4. duuude they fucking schedule me 11-4, then say I have to come in an hour early to help set up. And I'm stuck at this fucking place for my whole saturday! That's fucking bullshit.

5. Can you listen to music at least? Lol that would do it for me

6. Sorry? I've worked 3pm to 3am for 5-6 days straight, several times (in a factory, mind you). You'll be fine.

Edit: and I can't listen to music. :p

7. Lol...I worked 12 hours a day Mon-Fri for almost 3 years. And 8-12 on Saturdays at the same time.

You can tough out one day broski.

8. by working? :confused_2:

9. ... I don't follow

10. i donno.

if i work a 12 hour day, then the work i do gets me through it.

what else are you supposed to do besides work during a 12 hour work day?

maybe i'm missing something..

11. Coffee, bathroom breaks, etc. 12 hours isn't so bad. Try 24 in a row, without sleep.

12. lol I was just kidding

13. You're such a crybaby, I've worked a 17 hour day before and didn't complain half as much as you.

14. Buy doing the work your getting paid to do

15. You will make it OP you just have to have a fat blunt for when you get off, and go in stoned too. That should do it.
    Oh, and take a 5 minute shit every time you go in, end up with some decent poop time on ur paycheck.

16. Just make sure you get a decent sleep tonight...long hours at work are more than manageable if you're not over tired...do your job and don't watch the clock...you'll be surprised how fast the day will pass if you manage to lose yourself in your work and ignore what time it is...

17. 12 Hours isn't that bad, just keep that money on your mind. Whenever I get discouraged I just start thinking of the $$$ and I keep going.

18. I pick up a few 12 hour shifts at hospitals (through an agency, friend owns it) and those too suck. Just bring enough food and snacks. I'm sure it won't be that bad. I can't even have smoke breaks most the time, so it could be worse. And I'm obviously talking cigs, weeds is a no no lol in health care anyways.

I try not to take advice from the lonely, miserable or stupid.

19. So...what would be the fastest way to get sick? I haven't called off in years, and I might fake a little somethin' somethin' during the second half of my shift, if I can pull it off well. I work a ride for little kids, so I'm going to be at that for my shift.

20. [quote name='"Spark It29"']So...what would be the fastest way to get sick? I haven't called off in years, and I might fake a little somethin' somethin' during the second half of my shift, if I can pull it off well. I work a ride for little kids, so I'm going to be at that for my shift.[/quote]

Lol you really cant do it huh