How to get the smell out?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoloG97, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Ok. So my plants are 5 weeks in flower. I have 4 of them. And it's starting to get bad. I don't have a carbon filter yet. Will order one tonight. But till then how do I make sure I keep the smell out... ?? It seems like it may be going through the vents...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. And can I use a Duct booster in place of a inline ventilation fan??

3. Take a 5 gallon clean bucket with a lid, cut a 6" duct hole and attachment for top and bottom. Screen both sides. Layer dryer sheets and crushed BBQ charcoal in the bucket. The exhaust air from the grow space goes through the bucket first. My local hydro store also sells ozone generators. I don't use one but that's what smoking bars and restaurants used to use. They work well for odor elimination. If you run an ozone generator in your room where your intake is and exhaust through the bucket you'll eliminate 90% of the smell at least.

That a tried a true old skool grower method from the illegal days.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Sounds pretty easy.. I need any way soon as possible. Will a regular booster fan that's used between the exhaust fan and cool tube be sufficient enough to suck out the air?? Instead of using an inline exhaust?

5. I don't know man. You must be maintaining your temps in some way right now with an exhaust fan or you couldn't grow successfully. I use a 440 cfm exhaust fan with a variable speed controller. It runs on low in the winter and high in the summer to keep the tent about 77-79. I dump it right outside. In the summer I have to add an extra intake fan for outside air to another window of my room to keep the temps good.

The best fans are centrifugal or squirrel cage type fans. By their design the amp draw is based on the amount of air they are pumping. That's why they're used in home AC circ fans. If there's a restriction the motors amp draw goes down not up. Instead of catching fire it spins harmlessly. Standard bladed fans are the opposite. They go up in amp draw when there's a restriction. This can be a fire hazard if you have a filter clog when you're not around.

If you need a temp solution use whatever fan works for the time being but for long term get a quality centrifugal fan for your exhaust for performance and safety.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I have successfully used a boost fan for extracting in a 10x10x7 foot room. I'm sure it's not an optimal setup, but it has worked for 3 years without any problems. You do need to oil the bushings on a regular basis.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would buy over counter and fit immediately, the pain of being caught is too much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. for you my friend until this carbon filter arrives . get a bucket put some water and pore some bleach into the water . and pore some bleach into the sinks the toilets . do not over do it like a knuckle head lol this will cut down on the smell . make sure if you have pets they cant access the bleach water please :hola:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Buy some of those blue odor eater things. I have one at my front and back door. Just do not have them by your plants.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I mean, the plants smell a lot during flowering...thats kind of common knowledge I would say lol. why would you have waited till now?
    hope the suggestions help and you don't get in trouble, but for real man...if the smell is an issue, and you are really worried about it...whats more important? freedom or a plant?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Well I didn't think that 4 of them would be much of an issue... apparently I was wrong... guess I should of thought about it first huh...lol... thankfully I know that the vents doesn't connect to joining units.. And the smell is only strong during lights on... Yes I am a dumb ass I will agree on that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hmm are these available at wal mart??

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sprayed the walls with bleach cleaner . Wiped them down.. insents are what's next till the fuckin carbon filter arrives.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Well over the counter they are wanting fuckin 200 dollars for just a dam booster and carbon filter... Amazon I can get 100 cfms booster and filter for 75..

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm just getting a 100 cfms booster to cover 2x4x5 area. I'm sure that will suffice... What about them smaller carbon filters ? Not the big ones. You know what I'm talking avout?

16. The temps aren't usually an issue. I've been maintaining with just a smaller 10 inch fan inside the tent. And another fan outside it .. leaving just the top portion of the front of the tent open to blow out... that s where this smell is coming from... thanks for your response man ! Always good reading your shit!!

17. Yes. You can get 2-3 for $5-10

• Like Like x 2
  18. [​IMG]

Is this what your talking about??

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeah man. Just don't have in your grow room or close to plants it will suck smell from those too

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fabric softener sheets in vents???lol

• Like Like x 3