How to get the most out of vaped weed?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Innured, Jun 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I'm just looking for some tips on the best way to pack and grind your weed when you vape. I have a vape pen that only holds around half a gram. So should the weed be finely ground or doesn't it matter? And how tightly should I pack it? Also, when can I tell when I should take out the used weed?

2. Every vape is different. Some work best with very fine ground bud, others with a medium coarse style grind, and some you can throw a whole small nug into.

Best I can tell you is to experiment and find what works best with your particular vape. I would say start with a medium coarse grind first and see how it works. Also do not put a half gram in at once. Start with smaller loads, and do not pack it tight, you want good air flow.. Also don't forget, part of vaping is about surface area, so you will have to stir the bud somehow as well to make sure it roasts even.

If you list the type and brand, maybe someone here has used it before and can offer some insight as to that particular vape.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Very good advice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have an atmos jump vape pen. I'm gonna do some experimenting and see what I find. Thanks heaps for the advice! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you!

You're welcome!

I forgot to add, the bud is fully vaped when it's no longer producing vapor. Usually it will be a medium to darker brown at that point. Looks kind of like cigarette tobacco. I say usually because how far you roast the bud is up to you. Some people like to vape at higher temps and take things as far as they can. their avb (already vaped bud), will be super dark chocolate brown, almost blackish. Other people will only vape to a light or medium brown and save the abv for making edibles.

The thing about vaping is that it's pretty cusomizable. You can even get different effects with different temps, and how much you roast the bud.

I've never used an atmos jump pen, hopefully some one will chime in that has. You can always check at Fuck Combustion's site as well. Good luck with the experimenting!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mine smells a little bit like burnt popcorn.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Well my vaporiser only has one setting and I think that's around 350-375 Fahrenheit. Since I'm fairly new to weed, I haven't tried making edibles yet. But I'll definitely give it a go. I think for now I'm gonna try and get all I can out of it until it's dark brown probably. I've found that works so far. But I don't usually mix it around mid session so I think I'll try that to make sure it's all getting evenly heated, cause I've noticed that when I clean it, some parts of the avb are lighter than others and can probably still be vaped.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 walterbishop, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Yup, there's that too.

My mflb tends to smell and taste like burnt popcorn when fully vaped. My E-Nano and Underdog not as much, but still a faint aroma.

That's a good temp. I usually vape around 365 F myself so your unit is right there. Also sounds like you're on the right track if you're getting brown abv. Like I said, I would hit the load until it stops producing vapor. If it gets charred/blackened/ashy, you went too far. Try stirring the load, it may help you get more out of it. Keep experimenting, and you likely get it all dialed in.

p.s. Read a few reviews on that vape just now, people tend to like it, and seems easy to use. So you should be good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My advice is go to fuckcombustion dot com to learn anything you want to know about vaporizers and vaping.

• Like Like x 2