How to get the most out of one plant

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Frackyboom, Nov 15, 2016.

1. "How to get the most out of one plant?"

This is a question im putting out there to draw in some knowledge. I have had a few micro grows, which all yielded an ok crop. My space is now a little larger, but i would sooner get more out of one than have a few with less weight. I would like to use cfls, although from my & other people experiences, i feel the need to add a 150 watt hps to around 300 + watts of cfl for added light penetration during flowering (hps is going to be managed separately to cfls that are on timers due to heat & heat signatures, this will be on when im in the vicinity).

Things that i think may be obvious that i have learned so far would be:

Quality/type of soil
    Size of plant pot
    How many lumens/watts
    Types of light
    Temperature

Any knowledge from peoples experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. All of those are great factors and also i believe you need to train the plant in some type of way, lst, fim, scrog... and yeah to yeild better a 150watt hps is much needed, depending on how small your space actually is it could get very hot in there with the hps though

3. Thanks, good to know im on the right track. The heat issue is something ive wondered about as ive never used hps before, luckily, it is situated so that i can add some airflow whilst its on, which should be a good 6-8 hours a day. I have done some lst and fim's in some previous projects, i shall asses and see whats applicable.

Shes vegging at the moment and onto her 8th node. Im thinking of switching over in a week or so, some LST work will go in before then.

Thanks and keep it coming

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum