How to get the most hash possible?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Sauramon, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Hey guys! I will be making QWISO for the first time in the up coming week and just curious if anyone has any tips or advice on this process. I will be using about 1/2 of an O, or maybe a full Ounce of some dank and whatever stems/kief I have laying around. How can I get the most hash possible, or would there be an easier way to make hash with quantity and quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. it yields what it yields, assuming your tech is on point. with qwiso you can easily get some gross black poop and yield really good but yield shouldnt be your only goal. just make sure you freeze your material and alcohol for at least 12-24hr before running it and keep your washing gentle and 30sec or less.

3. I would do three runs, one where you wash for 5-10 seconds for some of the best pure golden hash then again for another 5-10 seconds for some really good hash then one last time for 20 seconds which will most likely get you a black semi potent goop, I call it hash resin lol its great for when your dry or to add on top of a bowl of mids. That way you can ensure you extracted everything possible but the longer it gets washed the more nasty stuff comes out into the hash.  

4. Thats what I used to do when I was doing alcohol extractions although I would do the first wash a little longer while the second and third is a little shorter. because for your first wash, the material is getting soaked with alcohol while its dry, its not going to extract too much crap in the first 30 second swirl. but when you go to do your other runs, the material has been sitting in alcohol the whole time, extracting chlorophyll and other crap along with it so you keep your later washes short too so they dont turn out like shit. after you've done your 3 washes, you should do a fourth where you just let it sit inside the freezer for an hour or two and you can use that oil for edibles or emergency stash lol

also, are you using a stainless strainer in between your filters? basically you dont just pour it out into the coffee filter because the material will sit in the filter and extract more chlorophyll and shit the whole time it filters. I used to put the strainer at the mouth of the jar when I pour the liquid into the coffee filter so all the plant material stays in the jar

5. Thanks for the feedback! I've read multiple threads so I have a basic understanding of how to do it, but just wanted to see if anyone had any last minute tips before I gave this an attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum