How to Get Taller?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by rollinjoints, Dec 15, 2012.

1. I was wondering if there is any way to boost your chance of getting taller? I've heard lifting helps your body produce growth hormone and whatnot, but I'm not quite sure. I'm 21 and 5'11 and I'd like to be 6'. I went through puberty rather late, so I'm guessing I'll be growing late, but is 21 usually the age men stop growing? Thanks for answering, google is confusing me with conflicting answers lol.

2. 22s the "declared" age u stop growing but who knows. Swimming/stretching is where it's at. Could get an inch or two outta it

3. Should I stretch every day? Before bed?

4. Couldn't hurt. And when u wake up, because you shrink an inch when u sleep (fact)

5. Static stretching is garbage; plyometrics are exponentially better.

6. #6 dactrain, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    It's actually you grow close to an inch while you sleep. Because you're in a horizontal position for an extended period of time, gravity isn't compressing your disks into the cartilage. This expands the spine slightly, then throughout the day gravity compresses your spine together a bit and you are shorter (Fact).

And rollin, not much you can do to get taller my dude. Stretching wont result in increased height, it only affects muscles. When you stretch you're just extending your muscles and ligaments/tendons. Growth is mainly all based on the epiphyseal plates in your long bones. Once the epiphyseal plate fuses into a line, you're done growin. So in your case, lets hope they aren't fused and still creating some height for ya hahah :rolleyes:

7. I got told most dudes stop growing by 21. I dunno if there's really any way to increase this. Maybe get hold of some HGH (human growth hormone) haha.

Joking aside, I guess stretching might give you the appearance of getting taller by improving your posture, but short of surgery on your legs there's not much you can do at this point.

8. Word. Thanks for advice guys. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Doesn't really matter I suppose. I'm at a good height.

9. No thanks lol.

10. how's your posture?

people neglect that so much... but you can easily get 1 inch maybe even two, if you improve your posture.
    one great thing that's going to help is to strengthen your core.

11. My posture's good.

12. How's your diet?

13. Growing generally stops at 20.[​IMG]

14. i assume you work out a lot. don't you stretch before/after each time you hit the gym?

15. Nope, I never stretch, really.

16. I've heard of claims that attaching weights to limbs, such as your calves, and letting them hang off of an edge for a while each day can increase your height by one or two inches. This doesn't seem practical and would probably weaken your joints/ligaments, though, so stretching is probably the only legitimate way.

17. stick your finger up your bum and push