Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to get smoother bong hits?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DIPSCHMIDT, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Man, I remember it like yesterday. 2 years ago i was invited to a dudes house with my friend and he had a bong that I could milk effortlessly and hold in the hits for at least 30 seconds. I recently bought a bong (king volcano) and i cannot stop coughing when I hit it. It does have an ice catcher and I put ice in it but i felt no difference in smoothness of the hit. I cannot remember if the dude's bong had percs or not, but it was 3 feet, mines half that size. Would temperature of the water make a big difference? And would a perc'd ash-catcher make a big difference too? thanks guys

2. His was likely diffused of some sort, and you were probably pulling through the bong a bit slower. Try different water levels and temperatures. also look into getting a diffused downstem if you do not have one.

Also, some bongs are designed better than other to reduce drag while making the hit smoother and easier on the lungs.

3. I put ground up ice in the bong water and get it super cold. Works for me and its so smooth I dont even notice if I actually inhaled smoke or not.

4. well I have experimented with a lot dude.
    cause my bong is smaller.

What I found out tonight. I bought an ash catcher for it, and a long one stem perk :D the new perk has a thicker diameter. and it felt like it hit smoother.

I also added a lot of chamber too eh...
    its nice though. pictures in about half hour

5. lungs HATE cold. they like warm, moist air. which is why a bong with warm water is the shit.
    ice will make the weed hit harder but its tearing your lungs up.

6. I do have a diffused downstream, and does drawing it slower help as far as smoothness? Usually I breath in somewhat hard and quickly to fill the chamber, and whatever air I have left I clear it with at a somewhat fast way.

7. Just hit it slower. That's the best you can do I'm afraid.

8. Someone told me warm water is the way to go.. does it really work? I would imagine that cooler smoke (not cold) would be much better.

9. Take your hit slower man. not only are you hitting it too hard, you are wasting your weed. Take the hit at a mid pace and clear it quickly, but not so fast that it hurts.

It is counter-intuitive, but yes it does work. quite well actually. warmer water makes the smoke more humid, thus smoothing the hit.

10. i have a simple bong has the smoothest hits its like 11 inches i milk it everytime no coughs at all

11. to answer your question above this...
    pullin real hard and then using the bottom of your lungs to actually clear it may be a problem too. bottoming out your lungs on a real hard pull is like getting a cramp in an overworked muscle. if that makes sense. so instead pull slow, let it burn, and if you need to take a smaller hit so you dont strain your lungs just to get high.

but no, cool smoke isnt better. like i said, ice will make the weed hit harder but its not good for your lungs. go outside on a real cold day and breathe real deep alot. it hurts. warm moist air is the way to go. smooooth
    drunk rambling, sorry

12. Thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely try a combination of different water temperatures, levels, maybe amount of ice and see what works. +rep

13. No problem bro. Just experiment a little. every bong is different.

14. Don't light your herb with butane. There are various methods of doing this, but they will all give noticeably smoother hits.

15. ditch the ice player... sry if this has been said

16. damn, if i would have known ice makes it worse I would've boughten the one with the perc. oh well

17. This! I recently smoked a snow bong with someone for the first time. It's so awesome, it makes the smoke so cool.

• Like Like x 1
  18. If you still notice harsh hits, even with all these tips, your weed could be improperly flushed of its fertilizers. Black ash is a good indicator.

19. The wider shot gun release and going slower. Are you smoking the same nugs that you smoked at your friend´s house? That could have something to do with it.

20. Noo not tryna start anything here but the faster you inhale the smoother the more oxygen ur taking in and more water to smoke contact ur getting from that rapid pull , if you drag a bong slow ur lettng the smoke get stale and milk up alot more and your not taking in as much oxygen through that bowl the key is to find the perfect speed to rip at where the weed doesnt get pulled into the dowstem but u clear ur rip in one pull and still have enough space to get a breath in after i do this with rimmers and i find it easy to champ them with this method all though everyones diffrent . slower rips will just get you higher imo i collect scientifice bongs id suggest looking into thoes or a perculated ash catcher for your bong they do wonders for me with a few ice cubes