how to get rid of watermark on my bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by JT93, Apr 18, 2012.

1. hey guys so i just got a new SYN bong (hits beautifully fucking love it) I've had it for a few weeks and recently a watermark showed up. I've tried the 90% alcohol and salt method but its not coming out! I'm new to bongs so it'd be great if you guys could help me out cause I want a nice clean looking bong again!

2. acetone. don't get any on the labels though. clean it out afterwards with ISO and it'll be good as new.

3. Water stain?

Vinegar removes hard water stains and minerals.

4. A water mark? Do you leave water in the bong after you are done using it? Don't leave water in the bong, just empty it and refill when you get ready to use it again.

5. thanks guys ill try these methods later tonight! btw i heard CLR works best but would that be dangerous?

nope i never leave water in it, i think it's from the ice

6. Ive had the SAME exact problem as you. I find the best cleaning method to be simple green. used it generously on my straight shot illadelph and it seems to do pretty decent. i let it soak, some people let it soak for hours or even over night. try soaking it in vinegar first, if it doesnt work, go for simple green.

7. ^^thanks ill try to get my hands on some simple green i really need a car lol. should the vinegar be distilled or does it not matter?

8. i think any is fine. i used regular white vinegar i think out of a big jug.

9. JT keep simple green away from all labels you wouldnt want to disappear. I would get a funnel to pour it in and have a towel handy just in case.

10. wait a second i just noticed...is this the simple green that you guys are talking about? Walmart.com: Simple Green 2-Liter Refill Original Scent Concentrated Cleaner: Household Essentialsif so then wow i feel stupid i thought it was a cleaner i had to buy at my LHS haha

11. A week long soak in simple green will should take out most tough water stains. Only use distilled water when your smoking.

12. awesome thanks for your help:) unfortunately though i won't be able to get the simple green right away its gonna be a few weeks, will the watermark be harder to get off the longer i wait? sorry about all the questions just want a pretty bong again lol

13. simple green is the shit if you let it soak for like 12 hours, my bong looked like it came out of the factory it was so clean.

14. It won't be any harder to remove. And also remember you can reuse simple green over an over again. I have a old juice jug I pour the used stuff into to store.

15. You don't need simple green for watermarks, vinegar is the best way to go. Make sure you rinse thoroughly afterwards since vinegar bong rips suck!

16. ^
    I thought the same thing.

17. I echo simple green! Cost around $4 USD and I will be using it on every piece I buy for the rest of my life :)