Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get rid of salt in 3 perc bong when cleaning?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SmokinEndo, Aug 22, 2012.

1. So i was cleaning my 3 perc bong today and i got some salt in the 2nd and a little in the 3rd perc. How could i get this out? Ive tried putting hot water and shaking and iso alc and shaking but i just cant seem to get it out. Anyone know any good tricks to help? Please and thanks GC!

2. I would put as much hot water as possible (pretty hot) in the bong and dump it out, repeat until it is out. Salt is soluble in hot water and will eventually come out

3. Salt isn't soluble in alcohol so you need to use just hot water is should dissolve or rinse after a couple of go's.

4. [quote name='"SmokinEndo"']So i was cleaning my 3 perc bong today and i got some salt in the 2nd and a little in the 3rd perc. How could i get this out? Ive tried putting hot water and shaking and iso alc and shaking but i just cant seem to get it out. Anyone know any good tricks to help? Please and thanks GC![/quote]

More salt!

5. Ok so i still really cant get it out, i let it sit in hot water all day when i was at work, ( hot water obv turned cold after an amount of time ) but the salt is like stuck in the inside of the perc and i cant get it out. Anyone have any other ideas to try and get it?

6. you don't want to let it sit, just fill the bong up swirl it a little and dump it all out. Repeat until it is out. Sadly water is one of the best solvents for salt (meaning pretty much your only bet). you want to pour it out while it is still hot because it may come out of solution when it cools. What kind of salt did you use?

7. epsom salt/table salt. Its been sitting in there for a good amount of time.. I couldnt get it out i tried like 30 times

8. what kind of perc is it? and is wedged in it oj just kind of sitting there?

9. pic is not working, I would try using like nearly boiling water filling the tree ~half way or to wherever the salt is stuck and then hit the piece to see if you can get it unstuck. If that does not work you may now have a salty bong :( just make sure you are not going to pull really how water into your mouth.

10. If i cant get the salt out will it ever come out? And try this pic [​IMG]

11. I dont know, might randomly loosen at some point. No pic showed up could try putting on some pic sharing site, but not really necessary. but the hot water really should work eventually because it is soluble for like 25g/100ml and unless you used like a whole container you should have way less then that. you dont wan to let it sit, just pour it in shake it up and pour it out. best of luck. I would hit it too to try and dislodge it

12. Well its just wedged right on the corner of the inside of the perc, around the rim of it. Yeah i didnt use much, theres not alot but you can notice it, tried hitting it but when i get some weed ill try it again. thanks for your help

13. That's some crazy salt if it won't just dissolve in water, whether it's hot or cold, after a few minutes.. even epsom salt dissolves in water sooner or later, and table salt dissolves even quicker.

If you're eating this stuff, I'd try a new brand just for health/safety purposes. :p

14. why are there 3 percocet in your bong?

15. [quote name='"Mayrone"']why are there 3 percocet in your bong?[/quote]

Not percocets...I'm sure he means percolators..

16. Not sure if serious or not..

17. This is not coming out guys, ive tried everything. Guess im fucked

18. [quote name='"SmokinEndo"']This is not coming out guys, ive tried everything. Guess im fucked[/quote]

Have you tried boiling water? Like litteraly.