How to get rid of mold? (on soil)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Head Spin, Mar 5, 2012.

1. My 2 week Plants have mold on the soil and I'm afraid It will ruin The Plant. :( :confused:

Just wanted to know what I would be able to do or if I can do Anything to get ride of The Mold?!?!!?!?

Here is a picture From Google That looks like The Soil. :/

Redirect Notice

2. i dont see the picture but as long as it's not green or red mold you're fine. white peach fuzz is a sign of fungai in your soil. good job! if you really want to kill it though, just get some chemical fertilizer at your hydro store, i've heard it does the trick.

3. Im sorry is this sarcasm? "Great Job!"

If not why is this good? I'm sure its bad.

4. Are you using jiffy pots. They tend to cause mold for some reason at least in my experience. There entirely unnecessary to use as well.

5. No, Just soil. I'm absolute sure it is not sterile. I heard mixing Vinegar and Water then spraying the soil could help, But wouldn't It mess with My pH?

6. Yes of course it would mess with your ph. Vinegar is highly acidic. I would let it dry out some. How much are you watering. What kind of soil are you using? Take some pics and upload it.

7. Pics probably wont be up til tomorrow. But I don't know the soil just left over from 2 years ago. (please don't bag on Me about this I realize where I messed up.)

And about Every Other 2-3 Days. i left The in darkness from light failure. :/ and that's when The mold hugely grew.

Is It even a danger to My Plants?
    Would putting The Plants in new Soil work?
    And How would I Introduce Inside Plants To Outside Full Sun?

8. #8 tplat, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012

Pics will help out alot when you get them up. Depending on the size of your plants I would get some new soil and transplant them then only water with a little bit of Super Thrive and PH`d water. Soil that stays warm, damp and humid can cause mold to grow easily. When I acclimate indoor plants outside for summer grows I do it over a week or two slowly starting out in the shade for a few hours for the first couple of days then move them into direct sunlight for a few hours increasing the time outside each day. Right now the temps where I live are fine during the day but still to cold at night.

9. Same here. Where I Live We Have Been Having Some Mixied Weather. Its Supposed To Drop 20 Degrees From Today.

10. stashing soil in dark places for a long time is a principal practice in organic systems. It's called curing, as long as it's not dried out (bag is sealed) the bacteria and fungi proliferate this is natural and desirable. Fungi in your soil are not necessarily a bad thing and your soil probably contains indigenous bacteria you couldn't buy on any shelf. It depends on the type of fungus present and the condition of your plant. I know of a few people who are quite proud when many little ( and a few big) mushrooms shoot up everywhere... the sign of healthy soil.