how to get rid of baked on decals?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by tobymac420, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Hey guys so my friend is getting a piece electroformed that he is going to give to me for my birthday. We are trying to figure out a way to get rid of the decals on it as they are baked on instead of sticker decals. Does anyone know a good way? Thanks guys. I wanna get a sure fire way before I go out and by stuff to try.

2. try paint thinner should work

3. Thanks and I already have that. ;) give it a try when I get back to IL

4. clr i here logos getting destroyed alot by the stuff

5. Simple Green took my Alex K label off.

6. Acetone to do it quickly. Or maybe over cleaner??

and how do you just go get your existing piece electroformed??

7. Acetone for sure will do it easily.

8. Great question!

9. Contact someone who electroforms. Pretty sure almost all of them will let you ship a piece to them to eform. price and wait just varies.

10. How much does something like that run if you don't mind me asking? I can't imagine how much it would cost to send a piece to Snic to electroform...I assume it's probably another electro artist.

11. Electroform is around 250 to 500 in New England

12. It varies alot from person to person. I know a shipwreck custom is at least like 300 for a spoon. I'm getting a deal with a great artist. If you want his info send me a message. He does sick work and will work with you.

13. Here's some of his work. For the people interested.

Attached Files:

14. Will acetone dull the glass at all do you know? Make it less clear because the tube is brand new almost that my friend is giving me.

15. nah man it won't dull it. for a while all i used to clean my glass was acetone, that shit is potent lol

16. if you use any of these products op make sure you give the bong a really really good cleaning dont want to be smoking any of the shit listed here

17. Oh I will for sure. Thing will be washed for 15-30 with hot water before it touches my lips after acetone being on it.

18. I'd imagine the electrofoming process would get rid of any leftover solvents from the label removal...