Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to get resin out of a glass pipe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Crimeinthecity, Nov 27, 2009.

1. alright i have a glass bowl its pretty small and theres a lot of resin in it, i've tried scraping it but the resin is too sticky ive heard of boiling it or something how do i do that?

2. #2 StonedChubbs420, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2009
    you can boil them but you have to be careful not to change the temperature of the glass to quickly otherwise you run the risk of cracking it. so if you wanna boil it put it in a pot of water that's relatively room temperature and bring it up to hot water. don't start with boiling water and drop it in, that can crack it.

however i suggest isopropal (sp?) alcohol and Epsom salt. take a zip lock bag and put iso and salt in it then put the piece in it and shake away. it might take a little bit depending on how built up the resin is.

EDIT: also if you warm up the iso it helps loosen the resin up faster.

3. well if you want to get quiete a bit of reason out to smoke or something, take a piece of copper wire, or a paper clip/poker and try and clean out some of the resin. if you just want to clean it do what the above poster said. 91% iso and salt.

4. word up time to get blazed