Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get pure CBD? Possible?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Degrassmann, Jan 11, 2011.

1. well now, here's an interesting point indeed. Now wording and unserstand what that means to you, people who have deduced that information, and the researches who created it make this condusing. Not to mention, based and cb1/2 receptors, dopemine and other neurohormone levels before hand, that side of things is a drlicate balance. Mostly, a lot to due with the difference of cbd/cbn activity in our brains and the brains of mice and rabbits, animals the original research has been been obtained from...

2. there has been reports where cbd has been chemically seperated and used on test subjects but maybe cbd needs some thc too in order to work.

3. #43 Asthmatic, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    Right now BadKittySmiles has the most accessible and practical method I've seen for extracting pure or nearly pure CBD at home in your spare time. I thought I had a method my self but I found a major complication in my process before I started buying the equipment I would need to do it.

Here are the links. I recommend what BadKittySmiles wrote for now but will give both links in case someone can help me with mine.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...g-individual-cannabinoids-badkittysmiles.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/asthmatic/32340-r-x-inert-gas-vaporizer.html

It should be possible to hybridize BadKittySmiles method with the equipment I describe and a single condenser. This should improve production yield over time required to run her process but that is the best I can come up with today.

4. Cbd will degenerate in Cbc (as well as others cbdv) at high heat, any substance above 150 celcius undergoes dramatic degeneration. Don't spend money on the process...

5. It does indeed, for the pyschoactive effects. It affects the activity of thc, more cb 1/2 receptor agonists to be exact, by affecting the substance itsrlf not your brain. It does have other properties on it's own, a lot actually. Not drug related exactly, although is technically (possibly indirect?) serotonin reuptake inhibitor, for eg. Chemical process is one method, i have my own secret method though. Crude, yet effective, and honestly somewhat primitively simple. :) chemicals extractions and refinement don't always have to answer number 1.

6. I modified the Temp listed in my blog down and can do so again. Lets talk.

I'm reading the published lists for the boiling points of the different cannabinoids and assuming we want them all. The local list is here: http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-...s-turpinoids-cannabiniods-found-cannabis.html

I work in Fahrenheit, since all my tools are in that scale. Sorry. I can convert to Celsius easily enough. Anyway most people vape between 176 and 190 Deg. Celsius or 350 and 375 Deg. Fahrenheit.

CBC (cannabichromene) is listed at 220*C / 428 degrees Fahrenheit. Well above the 150 Deg. C. temperature you listed.

Would you mind showing your sources so I can correct my blog entry?

7. boiling points is just a change of state..degeneration is more complicated.. When a substance surpasses 150 degrees celcius, it will undergo this. (Any tutorial on vacuum distillation should explain this.) With cbd, when it breaks down, through oxidization or heat, the molecule itself changes. Certain acid levels and substances and temperatyres will actually transfer cbd into thc (isomerization) this is very delicate though. Of course not all cbd will degenerate, but some still will. Into other inactive isomers of cbd as well. Such as cbd-c-4 (butyl-cbd) or cbv, you can still use this method if it hasn't been costly, and you want a product free of thc family. Not a PURE cbd concentrate.

8. It would still be illegal under the Federal Analog Act

Any substance that is similar to an illegal drug or inted to mimic its effects is also illegal.

9. #49 Asthmatic, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
    How will the cannabinoids oxidize in an inert gas atmosphere?

I want an extraction (concentrate) that I can approach a standardized dose with. I'm quite familiar with the refrigeration processes not afraid to work in a vacuum but pressure scares the bejeasus out of me. I look at steam distillation and don't see the path to an extraction with 100 Deg. C steam. I know I should be able to break things out separately in the condenser but have figured out just how complex that question might just be so I look at BadKittySmiles process of selecting components I would adjust if I could in the evaporator.

I can make a passable ethanol (ETOH) extraction but loose to many Turpin's and I'm especially fond of ß-caryophyllene which I revere the way most revere CBD, and think is staying in the ETOH. My booze don't smell like booze when I get it back from the still. It can only be plant VOC's and ß-caryophyllene's description is a close match to what I smell. Right now I add the Turpin's I want back but it is a little hit and miss as to whether any one batch of medicine will be as good as the other. I come close most of the time but every once in a while I make a true flop. The batch I made tonight, a topical ointment, came out particularly superior to my average and I'd like them all to come out that way.

I disapprove of petroleum based solvents for ecological reasons and wont go there. I don't smoke & prefer not to vape but know the temperatures people vape at and that it works similarly to smoking. I don't see the vapor remaining at temperature any longer than the inhalation would on its way to the lung. Why would the material in the condenser be of lesser value than the breath?

10. I have considered steam essential oil extraction followed by ethanol extraction then recombining the two products but that would not allow any readjustments of cannabinoid ratios.

11. Arizer Etreme Q 4.0. I've had just about every vape and that is personally my favorite.

And for a portable unit I recommend the Arizer Solo!!

Those are literally the best and yes you can find the vaporizationg temperatures of whatever cannabinoids you need and manipulate what you get in your drags.

ALSO, as for the whole point of this thread, high / pure CBD, I have heard of CBD concentrates and such in some dispensaries before but never seen them myself, if I were you I would look into the newly found high CBD strains such as Harlequin (4% THC/ 8% CBD), Cannatonic, Sour Tsunami, Trident, Omrita Rx3, ect. Then depending on how it's grown and if you have a good phenotype, it may not even have any psychoactive effects whatsoever and besides there are a lot of other things that are very important in the plant besides CBD!

Good luck!

12. I have never seen a CBD pill but I know harbor side in Oakland has them or can get them.

I'm growing a new CBD strain from a NorCal dispensary called Swiss gold which reportedly has tested with a 22:1 CBD:thc ratio. Also growing OmritaRx3 from harbor side. Me and my gf are very excited and fell in love with the effects big various CBD strains we have smoked.

13. Meanwhile, in a DEA office somewhere...

"Hey, did you hear they've found a way to treat most of the MMJ ailments today with pure CBD-strains that don't get you high?"

"Wow, really? That's great news! We'll get the medical advocates behind us, and now we've got a reason to outlaw all strains that have more than 2% THC in them to stop people from getting high."

The moral here speaks for itself.

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.