Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get pure CBD? Possible?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Degrassmann, Jan 11, 2011.

1. cotton candy diesel... has the highest CBD level available albeit hard to find

2. Any info on that?

3. #23 GrapeStreet, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011
    That's very interesting about the CBD strain.

Full Spectrum Labs (FSL) has "Kushage" from Patients Choice of Colorado at:
    And Harlequin from Urban Cannabis:
    --
    Knowing the flash point of each, with sensitive enough equipment, one could potentially separate the three components. Even a digital vaporizer would be able to separate them for smoking.

Someone should invent a way to condense a vaporizer's output into a jar.

Without a high CBD source material, or a lot of starting material, I'd imagine it'd be hard to extract a viable ammount.

4. Good stuff. CBD is amazing. Hopefully Lebowski is right an in the near future we will be able to buy pure CBD oil, that would be amazing. And strains that are 3/1-4/1 CBD-THC.

Anyone have a good cheap digital vaporizer?

5. So after reading a bit, I'm still confused.

There seems to be a split on the effects of CBD. Some say it's a sedative, others say it's responsible for alertness.

Which is it?

6. barneys farm violator kush has a 1.5% cbd. the thc is high to though at 22%.

7. Well for me CBD does both. It calms my nerves, and allows me to concentrate more clearly. So it increases my alertness.

8. It seems to me that "sedative" is another way of saying "calming".

Its not really sedative in the literal sense of the word. It makes it easier to be sleepy, but doesn't seem to directly make you sleepy the way THC metabolites do.

It definitely is alerting in some particular ways. Like I found that after taking a dose of a high CBD med, I can read a lot better. My mind does not wander like it usually does when I read.

9. since you´re looking for isolated CBD, wouldn´t it be easier to synthesize CBD than to grow a whole lot of pot to extract this.

10. Yes. Extracting pure CBD from the plant would be very impractical. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it would be VERY difficult to isolate CBD from other cannabinoids in any sort of extraction.

Synthesis is far more practical and has been accomplished by a few different labs.

I basically posted this same thing in this thread the other day but my post was deleted for some reason....

11. Ever heard of fractional distillation?
    I know a group of patients who have a lab with a fractional distillation setup. They're making incredibly pure extracts of THC and terpenes, and I know they're working on a CBD extract, but their main problem was finding a strain high in CBD. Those came around in the past few months, so i'm expecting to hear news on their experiment soon.

12. Sorry, but how do you Synthesis for CBD?

13. In spite of the title this also covers CBD- or at least the abstract says so. I just went over to patentstorm (fun site!) and typed in synthesis cannabidiol! :D I'm not in the mood for chemistry tonight- you get to read it! :p

Process for production of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7674922/fulltext.html

There are 1,000s of cannabinoid patents! My list (1st link in my sig) has a few patents, just for fun. Sometimes you can read a patent and figure how to do it on your own! :rolleyes:

Granny :wave:

14. Well im not exactly positive about this but im gunna try it.From a government report i found you can first extract the oils with a supercritical fluid extractor then use a hplc to devide and identify seperate types of thc (to put it in a nut shell)

15. I also just read that CBD is unscheduled federally. So a pure extract should, technically according to wikipedia, be legal for anyone to have.

16. New prop 215 user here!

I am currently experimenting with Harlequin, Snow Cap, Red AK, 3-Kings, and Purple Buddha. I want to make edibles that contain all the CBD component and I am OK with the THC also being extracted. Is the only purpose of decarboxylation to extract the THC component? I want to make a tincture (alcohol or glycerin, undecided), then make an edible, probably a candy-like product. Can I skip the decarboxylation process if I'm content to get most of the THC but not necessarily every bit of it, but will still get all the CBD component? Maybe my cannabis has already naturally started the decarboxylation process, I don't know how to tell. I just don't want to waste very expensive product experimenting and not knowing exactly what I should be doing. Thanks in advance for any advice.

17. Not exactly.. It's, kinda my little secret. So, shhh! If you can aquire the proper heat gun, full melt, a fine screen, some good scraping tools and a razor blade, and probably a tray it's not exactly impossible. The product won't be entirely pure. Free of cbn and thc though, i haven't personally tested enough to determine if it's free of thcv, or delta8-thc, but theoretically speaking it seems improbable... So i can't say, although it appears to be of very high purity none the less. (a minor consituent teripinolene (sp?) may be difficult to remove as well, at least thats one i can gaurentee ....or (option b...a centrifuge (look it up it's been done for thc, modify the process a bit.)
    It's a class two drug in canada. It's a precusur to thc family. Just a little isomerization..

18. Hmmmm..a thought..i can't varify.. The pain relief mostly comes from delta-9thc and cbc. Cbc is actually a breakdown product of Cbd. Perhaps in cooking the breakdown occurs, creating more cbc. Also (still just thoughts.) Maybe through edibles, with cannabinoids already with fat, ansorbing into your body, potentianlly allowing cbc to metabolize into the bodies fat cells easier?...theirs also the higher agonising of cb2 recrptors,given the easier fatbound metabolization.

19. Cbd won't aquire your body high, it will reduce it slightly, although it does, erm ' neuroligal sedate' you and reuptake serotonin balancing the unpleasant effects of thc. Have you been letting your vape heat slowly? Maybe your releasing beta-caryophylene (bp 120 c.) although, it's most likely due to the lack of thcv. A high bp, this substance reduces thc's neurological effects (being a partial antogonist to cb1.receptors), yet is a cb2.agonist. Cb1 recpetor antagonist do more than lower the receptors activity, it will have the opposite neurological effects. Counterattacking the negative effects(if you count loss of cognitive function as negative). An "antidote"..kinda.