How to get out for the night. need parents off my back shittt

Discussion in 'General' started by alkthro, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Here's my story. I'm a senior in high school.

I got caught about two months ago for smoking. Came home quite high, my mom smelled it on me, wasn't a good situation. My dad was out of town but she called him and they were pretty mad. They took it exactly how I thought they would, thinking I was ruining my life and I didn't care about anything else. I was like, mom, I'm not about to start doing lines in the bathroom at school. Needless to say, that didnt make things better for her.

So now, two months later, things are alright. I've been taking it easy on the smoking but my parents are all over me. I go somewhere, my mom make me text her when I get there and when I'm leaving. Shit, I'm not a child you know? I try to get out for the night to hit up a party, say im staying over at so and so's house, and she wants to talk to his parents. Seriously now, I feel like I'm older than this shit. I know I messed up with them, catching me smoking, but it's excessive and I can't take it. So I'm just looking for some advice on how to get out for the entire night so I can actually party my senior year in high school. I'm not about to miss out.

I know there are obviously more important things than getting drunk and partying in high school, and I honestly understand that. I have good grades; I've kept up a 3.8 GPA or higher. I know I dont know everything in life, no one does.

Everywhere else I've asked for help on this, people obviously assume that because I smoke weed, that means I don't care about school or my future. I thought posting it here may provide more helpful answers. Thanks

2. just give em the ol' "give me liberty or give me death" talk.

3. if your 18 and got a 3.8 GPA you should be able to do what ever you want, atleast i would

4. Well... you're still young bro, and living under their house. As much as it sucks... real freedom comes when you move out. Until then... gotta cut your losses bro. :eek:

5. You still live with them if the grades card isn't getting them to budge I don't know what will.

6. I know how you feel, It's the same way with my parents, drives me insane when I'm home (thank god I'm in college now). I get your whole just cuz I smoke weed doesn't mean I'm doomed thing. Just think of how you're not going to be home next year, right? You're still allowed to party, just text your mom cuz it's not that big of a deal, her calling the parents is a little excessive. Tell her that, and just compromise on you texting her when you reach places. Hold up for a little while, I'm guessing you're going to be out of the house soon.

7. Eh, I would do what the fuck I wanted to do if I was 18 and doin good in school. I mean, they cant KEEP you inside the house man.

8. i know what you're saying man, but I kind of gotta look to the future. like if I push them too much, they may not help me with paying for college. so i dont want to be straight up blatantly disrespectful, especially after being caught

9. No reason to be disrespectful really.. Just dont say anything to em, walk out the door and be back when you be back.

10. Do what they say to earn their trust so eventually they will have confidence in letting you come and go as you please

11. Just let them know whats up, tell them like it is, if they get stricter, go more hardcore.

12. sounds a bit like my folks
    its a bitch and a half, ain't it?

well when they had the last bit of authority over me like your situation, I'd tell them I'm spending the night with a girl I know..
    it usually worked and they backed off, especially my dad because he knew I was gettin' laid

see if you tell em you're banging chicks, they're probably not gonna be texting you up while you're behind a lady ;)

or at least I hope they don't

13. ha but im sure they consider walking out the door and being back when hes back disrespectful since its obvious against their wishes .

but i dunno what to tell you op . just talk to um and see if you can compromise .

14. it is man. just the way my mom talks to me is the worst. haha but i think my mom would be pissed if im banging random chicks. although whenever i say im going out with a girl it does usually get them off my back...but not for the entire night hah

15. If you haven't gotten caught smoking since that time, I'd say just try to explain to them that you're 18, you're a responsible adult, your priorities are straight, doing well in school, etc. Dunno if it'd do any good with your parents, but that's my advice.

16. lol I hear you man.. My parents used to try to pull this shit with me. Except I was like a freshman/sophomore in HS. I refused to call them everytime I left places and when I arrived.
    They sometimes asked to speak with the parents of the kid I told them I'm staying with, but I always refused and said I'm not a little 13 year old kid, you don't need to speak with their parents,, what are you even going to say? Is my kid staying the night? Please....

You just gotta stand your ground, and make your parents realize that you're a lot more mature than you were 5 years ago. Don't be disrespectful, but make it known how you feel about being treated like a little middle school child. If they start talking about the weed, make sure you read up on the facts and start spitting some of the facts back at them, but remember to keep your voice calm, and don't say anything you will regret tomorrow.

Just remember, they're doing this because they love you, and are worried. You are their little child and will always be as far as they're concerned. You just gotta make them realize you're not as young and helpless as they think.

17. I agree with poster #2 .... 'give me liberty or give me death' is a pretty good one.

Also, if you don't like how youre getting treated - do whatever the fuck you want anyways.... if they don't like it they can kick you out. You'll be fine :eek:

18. whoa whoa whoa, there is NOT anything better to do than party your senior year. from what i learned in high school senior year was so easy that all i could do was party to keep from being bored.

but anyways good luck gettin around your parents, if you still live with them there is not much you can do.

even after i turned 18 my parents were sitll mad at me when i was coming home at all hours of the night. not till i moved out could i do whatever the hell i want