Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to get Oil as potent as possible

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by The beginner, Jul 4, 2011.

1. so im going to be making a single serving of some canole oil using about 1.7 grams.

how should i do this? i was thinking just put it in the oven at 325 for twenty min just sitting in something with the oil in it.
    or will that fuck it up?

2. no answers huh. psh.
    anyway/
    so far here is the setup.

i got a pan filled with water, keeping the temperature between 180 and 220
    then in another dish inside the pan is conola oil mixed in with the weed.
    imma be keeping it like this for another three hours. then let it soak in some more.
    and strain it when i wake up :smoke:

3. UPDATE:
    so i ate it in some ice cream about an hour ago. didnt taste bad at all, now im just hoping it works.
    im pretty sure some of the THC gets absorbed into my blood cause i started to kinda feel something, right after i ate it for like 20 min.

4. once you make you weed oil make weed oil with your weed oil.

5. ive always wondered about that...

could you put a 1.7 in oil strain...then another 1.7 in oil...strain...then 2 more after that? sorry to thread jack

6. If you read around a few of these threads, you'll notice that is the suggested method for concentrating canna oil when you can't use hash... it's usually called making 'multiple runs'. This is particularly useful if a low oil content recipe is being used, or if the patient has low-fat dietary requirements.

You begin with more oil than you wish to end with (to account for the little lost during straining), saturate your decarbed herb, gently heat process, and strain. Then, you use the resulting oil as the base for a fresh batch of decarbed herb, and repeat, usually up to four times before you risk causing much damage to the earliest cannabinoids made available.