how to get more trichome growth ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dude1, May 5, 2010.

1. mine bud is 6 weeks into flowering . heres a pic to show the little trichomes and the crystals.

Attached Files:

2. is there any gurantee that this or next week it'll start getting super fat?!?! because the pictures make it look big, but in reality its only like 3 inches wide or about that much

3. I've read the IR light causes THC to swell, but too much can damage the plant, and I've never tried it. The IR bulbs are like 40 bucks. Reptisun is one company that has reptile bulbs.

4. #4 KamelRedLight, May 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
    You mean UV bulbs right? If so, then yes that's the rumor, or it at least makes the existing trichomes more potent. Tried to experiment once, but never got to test the results. But of course it is dangerous, and should be used with caution. Don't look at it, and turn it off when you're working around the plants.

Edit: Wait, what do you mean by trichomes? The "crystals" you refer to ARE the trichomes. There just happens to be a link in my sig which you may be interested in.

5. if you want a big bud let the plant go natural. If you want trichome growth stress the the plant. uv works well for added stress or you can cut off all the shade leaves . both work well but remember the stress will slow bud growth. try a stronger strain :smoke:

6. UV-B Light:
    UV-B light is harmful to living things, THC has very high UV-B adsorption properties, thus cannabis evolution may have favored the evolution of genotypes that produced these THC laden capitate-stalked trichomes as a built in 'sun-screen' for protection against UV-B light rays.

7. It has also been said that arid environments encourage trichomes. Making sure you dry them out reasonably well between waterings and lots of airflow to keep humidity down.

UV-B definitely helps mature/ripen the trichs toward the end of flowering. This can be particularly helpful with some sativas.